Strings.lua

First off....you guys have got to stop editing the strings.lua file! :D

It will make Kevin a much happier dev in the long run.

Ok, so the shadow creatures are currently NOT inspectable therefore adding anything to strings.lua will not get evaluated.

So....here are the changed required to activate inspectable shadow creatures....bearlings included! :biggrin-new:

Add to fn function in shadowcreature.lua, shadowhand.lua, shadowskittish.lua

Add to fn function in rabbit.lua after....inst:AddComponent("inspectable")

Add above fn function in rabbit.lua

-- MOD --    inst:AddComponent("inspectable")-- /MOD --
-- MOD --    inst.components.inspectable.getstatus = GetStatus-- /MOD --
-- MOD --local function GetStatus(inst)  if inst.components.inventoryitem then     if inst.components.inventoryitem:IsHeld() then       if inst.israbbit then return "HELD" else return "BEARDLING_HELD" end     else       if inst.israbbit then return "GENERIC" else return "BEARDLING" end     end  endend-- /MOD --]]

For those still editing the strings.lua :ambivalence:

Add the following under the STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE section

Add these items to the STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.RABBIT section

CRAWLINGHORROR = {    GENERIC = "What is that!? Spirit of the Beefalo?"}TERRORBEAK = {    GENERIC = "What is that!? Spirit of the Tallbird?"}SHADOWHAND = {    GENERIC = "Is that you again Maxwell?"}SHADOWHAND_ARM = {    GENERIC = "Hey?! Leave my fire alone!"}SHADOWSKITTISH = {    GENERIC = "What is that!?")
BEARDLING = "Why do the rabbits look so strange?"BEARDLING_HELD = "Wonder what happens when I kill it?"

For those of you creating custom lua files :applouse:

Make are new file called mod_shadowcreaturesspeech.lua and save it in the "dont_starve\data\scripts\mods" folder under Steam, then add the following to it.....

STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.CRAWLINGHORROR = {}STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.CRAWLINGHORROR.GENERIC = [[What is that!? Spirit of the Beefalo?]]STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.TERRORBEAK = {}STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.TERRORBEAK.GENERIC = [[What is that!? Spirit of the Tallbird?]]STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.SHADOWHAND = {}STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.SHADOWHAND.GENERIC = [[Is that you again Maxwell?]]STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.SHADOWHAND_ARM = {}STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.SHADOWHAND_ARM.GENERIC = [[Hey?! Leave my fire alone!]]STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.SHADOWSKITTISH = {}STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.SHADOWSKITTISH.GENERIC = [[What is that!?]]STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.RABBIT.BEARDLING = [[Why do the rabbits look so strange?]]STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.RABBIT.BEARDLING_HELD = [[Wonder what happens when I kill it?]]

Then add the following line to the language.lua file....

require ("mods/mod_shadowcreaturesspeech")

Enjoy!

Let me know if you have any trouble adding this.

I will look at packaging this up for people to download soon.

EDIT:

It is also possible to have characters say something different for these....just add the speech items under their DESCRIBE sections in strings.lua :grumpy: or mod_shadowcreaturesspeech.lua, e.g. instead of GENERIC, use WILLOW.

[MENTION=7941]moistedparanoia[/MENTION]

(you might change the title of this to include "shadow creatures" or something to make it more specific)

Edited by WrathOf
  • Like 1