Achievements and quests

It would be a good idea for not to starve to have a story and quests, also to have achievements like: kill deerclops, survives a year, survives (for each season) craft a science machine, etc. it would be good for every kid to play his quests and his story: don't starve: the main game, reign of giants, shipwrecked, hamlet

do not starve together: the main game and separate story to a new reign

these elements will make the game more exciting and the achievements will make this even more interesting

Eeeeh. I think the theme of discovery inherent in the roguelike nature of the game is meant to make it so that exploration and discovery is player-driven, adding a guided quest/achievement system would hamper that feeling of figuring out the harsh world on your own.

On 21/9/2018 at 8:15 AM, Rosten said:

Eeeeh. I think the theme of discovery inherent in the roguelike nature of the game is meant to make it so that exploration and discovery is player-driven, adding a guided quest/achievement system would hamper that feeling of figuring out the harsh world on your own.

I don't agree. Achievements can extend the life of the game for many hours. They haven't to be related with main elements of gameplay, they can be superfluous. In my personal gaming experience they don't ruin anything, instead they add more things to do and this is funny (sometimes they can be very stressful, but this isn't the case). Use your fantasy and you can imagine a lot of things.

Archived