Four airlock door trick

Is the tactic of using the four doors(two at the end, with two lying on it's side.I=I) actually the way it's meant to work? Will that actually be a legitimate use of the doors? Is it supposed to work that way? Is that how we are gonna do it in the future?

On 9/5/2018 at 8:09 AM, Slvrsrfr said:

Is the tactic of using the four doors(two at the end, with two lying on it's side.I=I) actually the way it's meant to work? Will that actually be a legitimate use of the doors? Is it supposed to work that way? Is that how we are gonna do it in the future?

The purpose of doors in this arrangement is that is is much harder for gases to get through when a dupe walks through it.  There are more effective ways to accomplish this goal these days, like a CO2 lock or a water lock if you need a vacuum.

As for whether it works, I would say no.  With enough traffic, gas will get through.  I would say it is a legitimate use of doors because they let us do it and it has been in the game for a long time and it isn't obviously game breaking. 

Most of players on this forum don't build doors like that because of CO2 and water locks.

Archived