Don't Starve Dedicated Server settings.ini doesn't read on Ubuntu

I'm running an Ubuntu 18.04 server, and I tried to install a DST dedicated server. Here's a run down of my issue:

~When I started the server it asked me to give it a cluster_token.txt file. I did that with ease, and the server runs properly.

~A settings.ini file was not generated at ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether so I made one and put all the configuration settings in there.

~I launch the server and it doesn't read the settings.ini file. Server port does not change, server password does not change, and server name does not change.

~I've tried forcing an install directory and placing settings.ini in that directory as well. I can tell that changing the directory works because it asks me to make the cluster_token.txt file again, and the server runs when I put it in the new directory. Yet the settings file hasn't been generated and isn't read when I put it in the new directory either.

~I've tried putting it in ~/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/Cluster_1, and all sorts of other places.

Any ideas will help, thank you.

What guide did you follow to install the DST Server? And what script do you use to start the shards?

I used Dedicated Server Quick Setup Guide - Linux and installed the DST server in .klei/DoNotStarveTogether/MyDediServer and got these folders and files:

Caves (folder)
    - server.ini
Master (folder)
    - server.ini
mods (folder)
adminlist.txt
blocklist.txt
cluster.ini
cluster_token.txt
modoverrides.lua
whitelist.txt

And it's working smoothly. :)

1 hour ago, cezarica said:

I used Dedicated Server Quick Setup Guide - Linux and installed the DST server in .klei/DoNotStarveTogether/MyDediServer and got these folders and files:

I'll try this out, thanks. I didn't use a guide I just used the SteamCMD to install it and wrote the startup scripts myself. I doubt those are the issue but I'll see how this goes.

You got it working? What command do you use to start the shards?

This is what I got:

#!/bin/bash
install_dir="$HOME/dontstarvetogether_dedicated_server"
cd "$install_dir/bin"
# Start DsT Dedicated Server
echo Starting main world ...
screen -dmS "DST_M" ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -cluster MyDediServer -shard Master
echo Starting caves ...
screen -dmS "DST_C" ./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -cluster MyDediServer -shard Caves

Archived