Shadow atrium not dropping

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm not doing something right. I crafted all the required pieces with cutstone, hammered it down during a new moon and killed all of the chess pieces with the help of my pigs. I've fought them twice now, and I only get nightmare fuel. How do I get the shadow atrium to drop? Do I need to use the ancient key on the gateway first?

5 minutes ago, Milopie said:

Not sure if this is a bug or I'm not doing something right. I crafted all the required pieces with cutstone, hammered it down during a new moon and killed all of the chess pieces with the help of my pigs. I've fought them twice now, and I only get nightmare fuel. How do I get the shadow atrium to drop? Do I need to use the ancient key on the gateway first?

you need to spawn all of them at same time

killing for example rooks powers up knight and bishop

killing bishop powers up rook and knight

you need to kill tier 3 to get the heart

5 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

you need to spawn all of them at same time

killing for example rooks powers up knight and bishop

killing bishop powers up rook and knight

you need to kill tier 3 to get the heart

All 3 spawn if you hammer one statue.

The shadow atrium did not drop even after killing the level 3 shadow.

I did this on two new moons, the shadow atrium did not drop both times after killing all of the shadow chess pieces.

19 minutes ago, Milopie said:

I did this on two new moons, the shadow atrium did not drop both times after killing all of the shadow chess pieces.

weird...

Idk if this will help, but try to verify the integrity of the game files. To do this via Steam, from your games library, do the following. Right click on Don't Starve Together -> Properties -> Click the local files tab -> Verify the Integrity of game files. 

Or before that, you could make a new world, put yourself in supergodmode with c_supergodmode() and creative mode with ThePlayer.components.builder:GiveAllRecipes() after you hit `, which is below the escape key. Set up the shadow piece fight and just kill everything. See if it still drops the shadow heart.

You also have to make sure that they are level 3 shadow pieces when killed. If a shadow piece is killed but the other pieces are too far away, they won't rank up. I know you said they were level 3, but I'm saying this just in case. 

I've had a case where I could have sworn that they were level three, but after some testing, I indeed did it wrong since I killed one piece too far away. You can easily tell if they properly ranked up if they do the rank up animation, in this case for rank 3, two animations. Here's an example I did: https://streamable.com/luyv1

18 hours ago, Milopie said:

if it didnt give you, you can use commands to bring 2 since you killed two " c_give("shadowheart",2) "

Archived