Looking for help to change a recipe in the ganja (DS only) version

So, I'm going to start this by saying that I have no coding history at all.

I recently got the Ganja mod for vanilla DS (although it says that it's ROG compatable) and I'm pretty happy with it, unfortunately (I presume due to the ROG compatability) I can't craft one of the items in vanilla because one of the required items is ice. I doubt changing the requirements to be paper or some other pre existing item would be hugely difficult so I've decided to take it on as my first attempt at coding. I have no idea where to start though, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Since this recipe belongs to already existing mod, you would need to 1st find where the recipes are located (in that mod, so you'll need to go into that mod's folder). I am guessing the recipes probably will be in the modmain.lua, or in the scripts  >>  utils  >> recipes.lua.

So once you find them, if you really have to, you can look for the craft-able item that you want to change the recipe of (it should look something like this:  Recipe("ItemHere", {Ingredient("IngredientItemHere", 1)) and then simply change the Ingredient item(s) which you say you cannot access, to something else.

I hope that helps.
Good luck.

Thank you so much, that worked out pretty much as I was expecting. It's a little embarassing that what was mainly stumping me was I thought I had to get a program to open those files, haha, I didn't realise notpad would work.

Your wording seems to imply that ice is obtainable in the vanilla game, have I just been even more dim witted and missed it entirely?

3 minutes ago, N1nj4L1nk said:

Your wording seems to imply that ice is obtainable in the vanilla game, have I just been even more dim witted and missed it entirely?

Oh, no. That's not it. ^^; What I meant is simply that I tent to be more careful when it comes to mods that I haven't created, since I don't know how the creator(s) might react to the tough of other people modifying them, or playing them the way that they didn't intend for them to be played. But then again this is a pretty minor change, so I'm sure it's ok. 

Of course in this community we all tend to share and learn from each other. But still, it's good to be cautious :p 

Ah, I understand now. 

The main picture said that it's open source and tbh it was never something I intend to release but in future I will ask the author first. I have some more ideas for this mod now :)

Thanks again for your help. 

Archived