My character mod is small

It would be helpful if you could post few screenshots to show how small is your character exactly.
However, I had the same problem when I was creating my mod (As I changed the body proportions that my characters have in comparison to the normal Don't Starve characters) 
I don't know if there is a different way of solving this problem but what I did is that I used the:

inst.Transform:SetScale(1.3, 1.3, 1.3)

Which changes the size of your character. Put it in your character's prefab file along with the rest of your character's stats. You can of course change the "1.3" numbers to higher or lower, and that will increase/decrease the size of your character.

Now about the hats, the way I fixed it in my mod is that I resized their textures so they would look normal on my characters.
You can download my mod and then go into the anim folder and take all of the anim files of the resized hats if you want, and throw them inside the anim folder of your mod(Again, I do not know how small is your character exactly so I'm not sure how much those resized files will help you, but you can give it a try.)

Back To Nature  << Here's the mod.

Archived