Custom Character Mod: Mod fails to open on world gen

Alright, brand new to modding and brand new to forums in general, so if I've posted this in the wrong section, do let me know.

Now, the issue at hand:

I'm currently working on my own custom character mod. I have the art for each sprite done and aligned to the best of my ability (I'm 99% sure changes will NEED to be made) so now I want to take it in game for a test run. Problem is, the game can't make it past world generation without having an error related to my mod. So far, 3 different errors occurred. I *think* I fixed the first two issues, now my current error is beyond me. Of course, I'll post everything I think is necessary, and if more is needed, just say the word. I have very VERY little coding experience, but I can at least follow directions. I'm also going to attempt adding a custom starting item for this character, but I'm going to worry about that later. For now, any help is appreciated and don't be afraid to assume I don't know what I'm talking about, because I probably don't.

log.txt

client_log.txt

modinfo.lua

modmain.lua

silentmagician.lua

According to the error log your missing a file named avatar_silentmagician in your folder: images/avatars. That picture is the one you see when you check on which characters are in the world. So chances are you forgot to rename avatar_esctemplate.

Heeey, thanks for the reply. Okay, so I did actually try looking for that when I first saw that error, but I for some reason or another couldn't find the avatar folder or avatar_esctemplate file in images. I can't find it in the original template file either (just re-downloaded it to double check). Just to double check the string should be images>avatar>avatar_esctemplate right? I'll send a screen shot of what I see. Assuming I'm not just blind would the solution be to just add the avatar folder with a png named "avatar_silentmagician" (with correct dimensions)

ss1.JPG

ss2.JPG

Edited by RanOutOfSpac

yeah its under images>avatars>avatar_silentmagician, seeing from the second picture you need that folder and png. So again your solution is adding the avatar folder with the png named avatar_silentmagician and let the auto compiler build them.

Okay, I fixed that "addmodcharacter" error (my bad on that one) Now, I'm getting this error right before the character select screen (see screenshot)

I figured it was an error with compiling, so I recompiled the silentmagician.zip in the anim file and the silentmagician.zip that's in exports. It didn't help fix it sadly.

My next guess is the error is in the silentmagician.lua (sent it too) cause that's where the error leads me, and I think it's line 32's fault. But, I don't know what I'm supposed to put there.

Let me know what you think if you have the time lol.

Capture.JPG

silentmagician.lua

Edited by RanOutOfSpac