[Expressive preview] Water Cooler usage

With the new Expressive Upgrade coming out and the new, low-tier building Water Cooler, I find its use to be fairly unintuitive.

Given the new "break time" mechanic, it and the Printing Pod make obvious early-game candidates for a break-time hangout.  As such, I tried to build a Recreation Room around the two of 'em.  It turns out that the Water Cooler is not a "recreational building", though it gives an error message if placed outside of a Recreation Room.  Also, I've not yet seen a single Dupe actually use the Water Cooler; I thought this would be an obvious minor "Quality of Life" interactive for the Duplicants during break time?

-----

What I've wanted for a while, and what I thought this new building would address, would be a "magnet" object for Duplicants that draws them to 'desirable' locations during break times, including those when a Dupe is merely "Idle."  Since I have it close to the Printing Pod, I'll admit that the Water Cooler might actually be functioning for this role (at least for true "break" times), but if the Water Cooler actually holds Water (200 kg, for those who've not looked), why aren't the Dupes using it when they idly hangout during break time?  Also, why do the Dupes not get any form of Recreation Room bonus when hanging out near it?  Since we're doing the whole "expressive" thing now, these small touches would go a long way to add some nice, early-game charm to a Duplicant base and provide some proper "quality of life" point rewards for implementing them..

The new update allows them to be the core piece of a Rec Room now, which is nice.  The problem is that I still haven't seen my Duplicants actually use the thing... and as a result, I haven't seen any "quality of life" buffs on my Duplicants or Rec Room buffs from it.

Archived