Recipe Book?

MrMofolz

so i'm looking at klei's recipe book and looking at my own and I've noticed a couple things that don't add up. I often hear "oh you haven't sackrificed it yet" for the various conditions or complaints but I have adamantly tried to sack some of the formulas multiple times under multiple conditions and the numbers just aren't adding up.

for things like bread, jelly sandwich, and bagel & fish, I have not been able to reproduce the results of the klei recipe book. I've sacrificed for bread, snack, fish, and all the base offerings have given me 1 blue and 9 coins.

I always thought it was odd that "THAT" specific recipe was there, but gave reduced results. can someone look into this?

Here's a prime example of what I'm talking about: meatballs.thumb.PNG.8285b08b7ab3fa53e6f666bacbc9b813.PNG

14 minutes ago, MrMofolz said:

so i'm looking at klei's recipe book and looking at my own and I've noticed a couple things that don't add up. I often hear "oh you haven't sackrificed it yet" for the various conditions or complaints but I have adamantly tried to sack some of the formulas multiple times under multiple conditions and the numbers just aren't adding up.

for things like bread, jelly sandwich, and bagel & fish, I have not been able to reproduce the results of the klei recipe book. I've sacrificed for bread, snack, fish, and all the base offerings have given me 1 blue and 9 coins.

I always thought it was odd that "THAT" specific recipe was there, but gave reduced results. can someone look into this?

Here's a prime example of what I'm talking about: meatballs.thumb.PNG.8285b08b7ab3fa53e6f666bacbc9b813.PNG

This is due to the cravings system being very picky. Even if a meal can be accepted as multiple cravings, it won't necessarily give the same reward for all those cravings.

For example, if you give Tomato Soup in a silver bowl (which can be accepted as snack, soup, or veggie) for a snack or soup craving, you'll get 1 red mark and 6 old coins. However, if you give it on a veggie craving, it'll give 1 red mark and 2 old coins.

This thread explains how the math behind the cravings work to great accuracy.

Rewards Logic

1 minute ago, Extant said:

This is due to the cravings system being very picky. Even if a meal can be accepted as multiple cravings, it won't necessarily give the same reward for all those cravings.

For example, if you give Tomato Soup in a silver bowl (which can be accepted as snack, soup, or veggie) for a snack or soup craving, you'll get 1 red mark and 6 old coins. However, if you give it on a veggie craving, it'll give 1 red mark and 2 old coins.

This thread explains how the math behind the cravings work to great accuracy.

Rewards Logic

so meatballs are a secondary craving for meat? then why is it listed as the primary craving on the recipe book?

Just now, MrMofolz said:

so meatballs are a secondary craving for meat? then why is it listed as the primary craving on the recipe book?

It's very weird. Another example is that loaf of bread gives 6 old coins for a snack craving, but 5 old coins for a bread craving... It's like, excuse me!? Also, yes, meatballs gives 10 old coins for a snack, but 8 old coins for meat.

The order of the cravings listed in the recipe book doesn't necessarily mean the 1st craving is primary and the 2nd craving is secondary, etc...

The only way to know if the craving will give the best rewards is to learn about the rewards logic in the thread I linked.

10 minutes ago, Extant said:

It's very weird. Another example is that loaf of bread gives 6 old coins for a snack craving, but 5 old coins for a bread craving... It's like, excuse me!? Also, yes, meatballs gives 10 old coins for a snack, but 8 old coins for meat.

The order of the cravings listed in the recipe book doesn't necessarily mean the 1st craving is primary and the 2nd craving is secondary, etc...

The only way to know if the craving will give the best rewards is to learn about the rewards logic in the thread I linked.

so by that logic the only way to get a red mark from bagel and fish is to sackrifice it as a snack, despite having the name "bagel" and "fish" it actually doesn't satisfy either of them as a primary.

10 minutes ago, Extant said:

so by that logic the only way to get a red mark from bagel and fish is to sackrifice it as a snack, despite having the name "bagel" and "fish" it actually doesn't satisfy either of them as a primary.

mushroom burger makes 0 sense =)

11 minutes ago, MrMofolz said:

mushroom burger makes 0 sense =)

A lot of these craving pay-out correlations make no sense.

I mean, you can't get any closer to bread than a loaf of bread. Yet The Gnaw gives less coins for it on a bread craving versus a snack craving.

This is silly. Go home, Gnaw, you're drunk.

3 minutes ago, Extant said:

A lot of these craving pay-out correlations make no sense.

I mean, you can't get any closer to bread than a loaf of bread. Yet The Gnaw gives less coins for it on a bread craving versus a snack craving.

This is silly. Go home, Gnaw, you're drunk.

garlic bread gives 9 old coins... instead of a sapphire, when you sackrifice it as bread.

From what I've heard the specific thing about the system is that there's a snack penalty. Put simply any time you use a food that counts as a snack in a round that isn't snack the reward is reduced. Obviously this is unavoidable early game but keep it in mind as you go along as some late game foods can count as snack and it will really mess with you if you don't take that into account. You might've already read the thread that goes into detail on it and I don't know it very well so I would read that if you're interested on how the math really comes out.

Hope this helps!

Archived