So i die a lot of times because of the angle of view, for example when i'm fighting spiders and i rotate my screen while i'm running from them they are far enough so they don't hit me but their range is getting bigger.Is there something I can do about this? or maybe Klei Entertainment fix it?

8 hours ago, Chopper88 said:

i rotate my screen while i'm running from them they are far enough so they don't hit me but their range is getting bigger

I'm just guessing here, but it sounds to me like your character's movement path was altered by rotating the camera. That can definitely get you hit if you don't run in a straight line away from them.

You can rotate your camera without having your movement changed by using the mouse cursor to click somewhere far away and then pressing Q or E instead of using WASD plus Q and E to rotate and walk.

Otherwise, rotating the camera shouldn't affect your hit box. As Sinister_Fang suggested, it's probably latency related in that case. You can check your ping by pressing backspace and pressing it again or hold the tab button to see how your connection is doing.

Also, if you go under the settings menu, try turning lag compensation off. This feature makes it difficult to know exactly where you are while you're moving which can make it seem like you're far enough away, but still get hit.

Hopefully all this information helps you to figure out what's the problem!

Thank you for your assistance but you didn't quite get it,If i'm fighting spiders for example again and i rotate my screen they would attack to the left while i'm below them and its far enough, the thing is that i'm below them and that makes it so they can hit me. I'm pretty sure its not lag because this has happened on my servers too or while i'm playing offline but thanks for the tips.

On 7/10/2018 at 1:56 PM, Chopper88 said:

Thank you for your assistance but you didn't quite get it,If i'm fighting spiders for example again and i rotate my screen they would attack to the left while i'm below them and its far enough, the thing is that i'm below them and that makes it so they can hit me. I'm pretty sure its not lag because this has happened on my servers too or while i'm playing offline but thanks for the tips.

Ah, my mistake. Sorry for the late reply but I must've missed this in my notification box.

Regarding that, a lot of enemies in the game have a circular hit box for their attacks. Even though you see them attacking in 1 direction, it doesn't necessarily mean that you won't be hit if you're to the side or behind them.

Sometimes the hit box gets a lot smaller or disappears when approaching from their side or behind, but not always. I'll admit, this is somewhat irksome and I would like their attack animations to clearly represent where their range is and what the safety distance can be.

Archived