Building a better SPOM

36 minutes ago, martosss said:

@DyingCrow

• Those 2 filters make it quite energy inefficient. Try substituting them for a logic one or use a mechanical one instead(instant 200W bonus)?
  • Also, your system will over-pressure, since top pumps will not have 500g packets all the time => pressure will rise inside the chamber => you're not running at 100% O2 production => you have less O2 to cool down, which is easier.

@Evaris Try averaging those results over a few cycles, i doubt you'll still have 99% O2 generation rates.

That is exactly why i get ridiculously low temperatures inside the "scom". Its intentional, not accidental. I build a main, enclosed colony with all amenities, and all air goes inside of it. As it gets over pressurized, the scom will throttle, dipping down ridiculously in temperature and will only run intermittently, using very little power. Since dupes will spend most of the time outside, i use this ridiculously cold air to cool down anything that needs cooling inside. It ends up being ridiculously efficient.

I couldnt care less about how hot it is outside, but inside, i do. Thats where i grow food, and thats what matters. I do worry about dupes turning into ice cubes as they sleep tho >.>

Archived