The Gorge Solo Speedrun Hint

Extant

For those aiming to try and make the leader board (in terms of solo time), I thought I'd give a little hint. Please note that this route is not the fastest method possible.

One of the speed-run routes involves using my 8 dish solo guide, but modifying 2 of the meals while having 2 RNG requirements.

With that hint out of the way, I thought I'd like to share some of my thoughts and feelings right now.

Well, where do I begin... Seeing Klei update their boards to even have scores for the fastest times (not to mention fastest solo times even), I was quite surprised. I was even more shocked when I saw that I had appeared on the leader board as the 12th fastest solo runner for the start of the 3rd week.

I know that 14:48 is slow for a solo speed-run and it'll certainly disappear soon enough. I was already privy to animal doing a speed-run of under 10 minutes, but that route requires resetting until you get garlic from the mixed seeds.

I did get a third surprise by seeing people who reached the top 2 scores by having 8 meals though. It made me curious if my guide's route was not far off from being a potential speed-run possibility (although definitely not the fastest method).

And so, I tried giving a speed-run my first ever shot and did all I could (using a less than most efficient character since I still do not intend to aim for the best).

Here is my result.

DST The Gorge 8 Dish Solo Speed Run Time

I'm thankful for all the laughter, tears, happiness, frustration, joy, anxiety, and virtual milestones that this event gave me.

I believe I've come as far as I wish to go in this event, but I'll still continue to work on my guide. Thank you to everyone who helped during the BETA on the forums, thank you to the people who created guides to help others out, thank you to the people who responded to our guides with happy comments, and thank you to the developers for this small, short, but busy event.

Good luck everyone and show us what you're capable of! Godspeed!

Edit #1

Okay, so I said that I was done progressing, but looking at an acquaintance of mine's (Zarklord's efforts) made me want to try one more time.

It seems the limits of this run with no errors made and using the best character would probably net around 10 minutes more or less.

I still believe it is possible a new route can achieve 9 minutes at best, but this is a good place to start.

Good luck but don't stress yourselves out too much over the resets, everyone! (fish #6, I'm looking at you!)

Archived