Feedback (Blind Player)

I finally got to play the game, noticed it in my steam list today (signed up for beta awhile ago.) and man I've been having fun with the game all day! So, here's a small review of it so far.

I've really only explored the school a bit and did 3 levels, but in that short time I found myself instantly hooked on the game play and enjoying myself. I also like the fact there's secrets and collectibles to be unlocked. Gameplay is nice, controls are a bit odd at times but nothing that ruins the game. Pacing is also good and once you practice a bit you can sweep though courses no problem.... My only complain is that the difficulty spikes unreasonably, and sometimes it's unknown which way you should go.

For the difficulty I notice like midway through a run some places require me to stop and retry the motions a few times before I can make some jumps. It's really hard in some areas to get the momentum you need to make a jump, etc. These are the times the game gets a bit ruined for me, because it's not just a user error, it kinda feels like a luck chance. One area that comes to mind is the 3 balloon pillars in the cafeteria of the school... the first two took me awhile to master, but I could get the hang of them, sometimes I'll miss and sometimes I need to bounce a few times on them to ready myself before making a leap, but  they were able to be learned, the 3rd balloon stack however is always hit or miss because you can't just jump to it, you need to jump onto the tables and then onto it loosing all your momentum. I couldn't find any other way to jump, and the rope hanging down is completely misleading, as the only fisable way to get across is to jump from the 3rd pillar down to the trash can and keep going from there.

That's just one example of a difficulty spike that feels like it can be improved, like I spent hours trying to figure out how to do this and I still can't do a perfect run yet because the minute I hit this section the difficulty spikes and I need to slow down and pray and hope I'm jumping at just the right speed and angel... fix issues like this and then this game would be 100% great! I mean, the base game isn't easy either, and I understand difficulty for more experienced players,. but these small sections feel like you need pixel perfect jumps, which just seems too difficult for any player skill level and is more annoying.

The pogostick is also really hard to control, which I guess is the point but it would be nice if we could hold our walk button and slow down the jumping, or hold crouch and get off it for a brief moment so we stop bouncing, I'm having a lot of trouble with the 3rd pogo trial. 

The bad aside, the good is that I like the characters, themes, and lore! Keep all of this! I also like the cosmetic system, reminds me of Overwatch, lootboxes but you can earn them or get them for free, that's always a good thing as most users hate micro transactions, though I expect you guys will have a shop for buying boxes or cosmetics at some point, as I do understand that's a reasonable way to make money, it just having the option to earn or buy that makes or breaks a game. Earning it for players who don't want to pay, and the option to buy for players who can afford it. It keeps the game from becoming fully pay to win when there's alternate ways to get the cosmetics...

I do wish some of the cosmetics were more colorful though. I get the theme is that our characters are actually toys of the G.A.T. agents, so the acessories are just solid plastic much like you'd find in actual children's toys, but I feel like some more level of detail can be added to them, as most ones I have just have the shape of what they are supposed to be and then are just fully black plastic... that's a little boring and I'd like to stand out just a bit more. High quality toys had more detail to their plastic accessories, so unless G.A.T. agents are a cheap toy brand, coloring some of the cosmetics can only improve it!

Overall I love the game and if I didn't have it for free thanks to the beta I would totally pay money for this and be content and have my money's worth out of it... can't wait for it to go public and my friends to get it too! Multiplayer is also a very fun added feature. Keep up the good work on this game, I look foward to following the development through completion!

P.S. Please make more of the G.A.T cartoon shorts! I love watching those!!

Archived