Spriter is maligning headbase files

I could add photos if desired but basically, for some reason when I boot the scml in spriter the file for the back of the head becomes inverted/flipped horizontally and the angle isn't centered, tilted a bit. Kinda annoying cause now I'm worried if the rest of my progress will suffer from this weird glitch.

You are using the esctemplate right? Is this only in the spriter file? Have you actually looked at it in game? Can you post a screenshot? The spriter file can't always be trusted for how the character is aligned in game. Also, changing the position of anything on the stage will not affect the character's appearance in game. If it is an issue in-game then you can, however, mess with the appropriate .png pivot points. But I do not recommend messing with them too much unless it is grossly misaligned in game.

yup it's esctemplate i'm sure i was just following the tutorial using Extended Sample Character Template. Unfortunately I haven't been able to view it in game because whenever I start a server w/ the mod enabled it crashes immediately and when checking the crash_log.txt this is all I find: "Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_(insert mod here)". 

You might want to fix whatever is causing your mod to crash before I can help you further with the character's in game appearance. Can you please upload the full .txt? the information that you posted doesn't seem to give an indicator to what the main issue is.

Yeah srry for the inconvenience, let's see does uploading it like this work? or should I just copy and paste the stuff? This is my first time modding so sorry if i'm clueless but i read it over and i think it picked up some errors regarding dialogue and such but i don't know if that'd make the mod crash?(and yes my boy would be arin the daredevil lol)

client_log.txt

Oh hey I fixed the dialogue errors! Now i'll check how it looks in game now that it's working

Edit: Alright so it does have the slight tilt, and is inverted like in the spriter :/ and new discovery that the body hasn't updated/change whatsoever i.e skirt files are blank but it's still showing

Edit: Also went and compared the template online to my work and i hadn't deleted any files or anything in the exported folder so i'm not sure what could be causing the problem. Here's some photos of what's going on:

3.PNG.2378aef2a06735c915c4e236ad0bf164.PNG

here's how it's supposed to look

1.PNG.c32d9189e3ef4e5e7554ce399828f108.PNG2.PNG.c809ba59232e8de84520ac74ed77ebb4.PNG

here's how it appears in-game and there's a few things wrong here. The back frame being off and the clothes hasn't updated at all. (ignore the furry ears and such the art's not finished)

4.thumb.PNG.ac3e9dc64c0a3bc3854058d89b101f5e.PNG

And lastly how it appears in the spriter (i moved one of the faces aside so it's clear didn't save the changes though of course) no skirt which is correct because the skirt files are all transparent, and the opaque work in progress of a torso.

So now my two issues is that for some reason the back frame isn't appearing as drawn and the body isn't updating in-game which is overall pretty strange.

Edited by daluwu

So the headbase-2 often does what yours is doing, had the same problem with mine. You might have to try manually flipping the png to see if that works. Don't Starve is a little strange with asymmetrics, and may flip flop your character's headbase based on motion.

Have you tried deleting the .zips in the exported folder of your character as well as the esctemplate zip in the anim folder and then tried to recompile?

Ahh alright I flipped the png and deleted the .zips but now another issue arises. I think the autocomplier might just be weird? When I booted the game it compiled and went through it all then the server crashed, I check the log it's not a simple mishap but rather that the anim esctemplate.zip doesn't exist at all. It should've recreated it I think and so I got and check the files and it just doesn't exist along w/ the .zip in the exported folder. I go and force it to compile in mod tools and well, it created the exported .zip but anim's .zip still doesn't exist.

Edit: tried it again and yeah i'm stumped 

temp.thumb.PNG.bad3117d1cd3977f7900ed0bf55e5d9b.PNG

and yup arin.zip would be the equivalent to esctemplate.zip. In meantime im gonna see if the good ol' reinstall and install mod tools works.

Edit: okay yeah it crapped. uh

temp.thumb.PNG.d2dc8df50b6b7e01be5e5c06c55737c2.PNG

Edit: So after some research I came to the conclusion that it might just be a dated version so and i went and verified the mod tools so it'd download a newer one, same version it seems and of course when compiling it i got this same error and the mod crashed and such. Though, it brings up "line 529" and i haven't really messed w/ anything but maybe there's something weird in the code itself. But i'll leave it at this till your able to respond don't wanna spam ya.

Edited by daluwu

Ok so, after talking with my coding buddy, we have no idea what you did. Can you upload your entire character mod folder in a .zip file so we can take a look?

The only thing I see here that might be making everything wonky is the ghost_esctemplate_build not being renamed to "arin"

Edited by ArtsWithLN

OH GOD I JUST SAW THAT.

i swear if thats actually it hold on...

Oh geez nevermind it's still being strange i'll upload it now. Alright how's this? It's just an oc of mine heh but man thanks for the help so far! Sorry if it's being difficult. 

arin.zip

Ah and just so it's not confusing, anything that's esctemplate=arin and vice versa w/ ESCTEMPLATE=ARIN

The tutorial I followed just suggested I renamed everything.

Ok, so firstly, I see that you have not renamed the .scml file from esctemplate to arin in the ghost_arin_build. I renamed the offending .scml to the correct name, I checked through the pngs you edited too to make sure no sizes were changed (because spriter doesn't like sudden dimension changes to established projects). I then deleted what exported anims you had and compiled everything, and arin.zip did not show up in the anim folder as expected.

Turns out Spriter really hates opaque .pngs. Learned something new. So, all you got to do now is go into the ghost_arin_build folder, change the name of the .scml file to the appropriate name, delete the .zips, get rid of the white background in torso-0.png and make it transparent, and then recompile using the autocompiler.exe. It should work after this, it did for me.