[Advanced] Solo No Silver Linings + Flavorville Route - Rng-Proof/Non-Character-Specific

zarklord_klei

• Developer

dontstarve_steam_2018-06-26_11-40-35.thumb.png.aa9c140a75de9fdf1868ea5bea364a2a.png

Video of the Route:

Spoiler

The Route:

I planted 3 bags of wheat(blue) seeds 3 times over the course first 8 rounds, see the video for some specifics on when.
try and keep some potatoes planted at all times for veggie/soup cravings, in the video you will see why I had them running, even if some would spoil.
don't immediatlly offer the next dish(sometimes) the speed value resets to 0 whenever you fullfill a craving, so by doing some tasks when the speed value is a little higher before offering your dish you can maximize time spent on lower speed values.
This is especially true for rounds where you know what your next dish is and you can precook/gather stuff(you see me do this alot on rounds 4-7).
Once again dish recipes are highly recomended but there is a couple exceptions(cheescake for round 20 if you have 2 milk but only 1 flour)
Also don't buy trap's just keep buying pigeons.

Round 1:
    Buy Grill
    Cook Fishball Skewers (Grill) (2 Salmon 1 Twig)

Round 2:
If You Get Vegetables:
    Cook Roasted Veggies (Grill) (2 Potatoes 1 Mushroom)

If You Get Bread:
    Cook Jelly Sandwich (Grill) (2 Berries 1 Flour)

Round 3:
If You Get Meat:
    Cook Sliders (Grill) (1 Meat Scrap 1 Flour 1 Foliage)

If You Get Fish:
    Cook Fishball Skewers (Grill) (1 Salmon 1 Twig 1 Potato)

Round 4:
    Buy Oven
    Cook Jelly Roll (Oven) (2 Berries 1 Flour)

Round 5:
    Buy Cookpot
    Cook Potato Soup (Cookpot) (3 Potatoes)

Round 6:
    Buy Syrup Pot
    Buy Tree Tapping Kit(x2)

If You Get Bread/Meat:
    Cook Sliders (Grill) (1 Meat Scrap 1 Foliage 1 Flour)

If You Get Fish:

Round 7:
    Buy Large Casserole Dish
    Cook Lasagna (Large Oven) (1 Meat Scrap 1 Flour 1 Spice 1 Tomato)

Round 8:
    Cook Syrup(Ideally on Round 7)
    Cook Waffles (Grill) (2 Flour 1 Syrup)

Round 9+:
    Buy Salt Rack(ONCE)
If you Get Soup/Veggie:

If You Get Snack/Bread/Cheese:
    Cook Grilled Cheese (Grill) (1 Flour 2 Milk)(Preferred)/(2 Flour 1 Milk)(Only do if 1 Milk)

If You Get Meat:
    Cook Meat Skewers (Grill) (2 Meat Scraps 1 Twig)

If You Get Fish:

If You Get Pasta:
    Cook Mac 'N Cheese (Cookpot) (1 Flour 2 Milk)(Preferred)/(2 Flour 1 Milk)(Only do if 1 Milk)

If You Get Desert:
    Cook Trifle (Large Oven) (1 Berry 2 Flour 1 Milk)

That's about it, don't expect to get this first try, it took me about 4 route variations and 5-6 tries before I got this, just keep at it and you will get it,

Whew, I could see the anxiousness in your mouse cursor movements near the end there.

Not skipping any cravings really makes it a lot harsher. This looks like it'll be fun to try.

Great job on the recording!

• Developer
Just now, Extant said:

Whew, I could see the anxiousness in your mouse cursor movements near the end there.

Not skipping any cravings really makes it a lot harsher. This looks like it'll be fun to try.

Great job on the recording!

yeah i was shaking by the end of it, if I wanted to I could have probably done a couple extra dishes.

Thanks for the guide and video. These are my last two achievements so hopefully I'll be able to complete them using this.

I think it might need two small corrections though going by the video.

For round 6:

-Correct recipe from "2 meat scraps 1 flour" to "1 meat scrap 1 flour 1 foliage"

-Move "Buy syrup pot" to round 7

You used the second recipe in the video. Using 2 meat scraps will still give sliders but you will then have to go back to buy another meat scrap for the lasagna on round 7. I don't think you have enough money to buy the syrup pot on round 6 if you get meat (in the video you don't buy it until after you hand in the sliders) and it is more efficient to buy the casserole and syrup pot and harvest the syrup on the same run to the sugar forest.

• Developer
9 hours ago, Boletus said:

Thanks for the guide and video. These are my last two achievements so hopefully I'll be able to complete them using this.

I think it might need two small corrections though going by the video.

For round 6:

-Correct recipe from "2 meat scraps 1 flour" to "1 meat scrap 1 flour 1 foliage"

-Move "Buy syrup pot" to round 7

You used the second recipe in the video. Using 2 meat scraps will still give sliders but you will then have to go back to buy another meat scrap for the lasagna on round 7. I don't think you have enough money to buy the syrup pot on round 6 if you get meat (in the video you don't buy it until after you hand in the sliders) and it is more efficient to buy the casserole and syrup pot and harvest the syrup on the same run to the sugar forest.

your probably right, in general 2 meat scraps is more efficient, except in this case since your already walking by the foliage.
I'll make the corrections to the route shortly.

Ran into an issue in the later part of the run. Once you get past round 9, it actually stops being RNG-proof. The only cravings that will get you a Red Mark are Cheese and Pasta, which I didn't get at all in my last run. I ended up not having enough milk for the last trifle.

I'd suggest adding Grilled Cheese to the 9+ section if there's a bread craving. I also don't think there's a reason to favor potato pancakes over potato soup for veggie. Here's my tweaks to the 9+ decision tree:

Round 9+:
    Buy Salt Rack(ONCE)
    Harvest sap
    Always keep one potato growing

If you Get Soup/Veggie:

If you Get Snack/Bread:
        Cook Grilled Cheese (Grill) (1 Flour 2 Milk)(Preferred)/(2 Flour 1 Milk)(Only do if 1 Milk)

If You Get Meat:
        OR Sliders (Grill) (2 Meat Scraps 1 Flour)

If You Get Fish:

If You Get Cheese/Pasta:
        Cook Mac 'N Cheese (Cookpot) (1 Flour 2 Milk)(Preferred)/(2 Flour 1 Milk)(Only do if 1 Milk)

If You Get Dessert:
        OR Cheesecake (Large Oven) (1 Berry 1 Flour 2 Milk)

The only reason I put the Meat Skewers in is that I think they cook faster than sliders, though I might be wrong about that. Switching in the Grilled Cheese gives you four cravings that generate a red mark (and new milk for Trifles), rather than 2. Cheesecake also works for GF, and it can use up any extra milk, too (though it gives fewer coins). 

Just thought it might be helpful.

• Developer
19 hours ago, jngeist said:

Ran into an issue in the later part of the run. Once you get past round 9, it actually stops being RNG-proof. The only cravings that will get you a Red Mark are Cheese and Pasta, which I didn't get at all in my last run. I ended up not having enough milk for the last trifle.

I'd suggest adding Grilled Cheese to the 9+ section if there's a bread craving. I also don't think there's a reason to favor potato pancakes over potato soup for veggie. Here's my tweaks to the 9+ decision tree:

Round 9+:
    Buy Salt Rack(ONCE)
    Harvest sap
    Always keep one potato growing

If you Get Soup/Veggie:

If you Get Snack/Bread:

If You Get Meat:
        OR Sliders (Grill) (2 Meat Scraps 1 Flour)

If You Get Fish:

If You Get Cheese/Pasta:

If You Get Dessert:
        OR Cheesecake (Large Oven) (1 Berry 1 Flour 2 Milk)

The only reason I put the Meat Skewers in is that I think they cook faster than sliders, though I might be wrong about that. Switching in the Grilled Cheese gives you four cravings that generate a red mark (and new milk for Trifles), rather than 2. Cheesecake also works for GF, and it can use up any extra milk, too (though it gives fewer coins). 

Just thought it might be helpful.

I actually meant to make Potato soup be the coverall for soup/veggie(I initially did Potato Pancakes cause the grill is faster), I also meant to set sliders to be a the snack/bread/meat item since they are so quick (especially obtaining two pigeons), and one of my goals was to have as few dishes as possible for the 9+, so you could for instance make sliders and handle 1/3rd of all the possible cravings. what you said about grill cheese I was initially gonna say you cant do, but even with the snack penalty you would still get a red mark, so I will merge some stuff and change the route to use grilled cheese alot.

2 hours ago, Zarklord said:

what you said about grill cheese I was initially gonna say you cant do, but even with the snack penalty you would still get a red mark, so I will merge some stuff and change the route to use grilled cheese alot.

Actually, you may be right about this. I just turned in a grilled cheese for a cheese craving and didn't get a red mark. I definitely don't understand all of the rules about rewards. I keep failing in the late game because I don't have enough milk. :|

• Developer
22 hours ago, jngeist said:

Actually, you may be right about this. I just turned in a grilled cheese for a cheese craving and didn't get a red mark. I definitely don't understand all of the rules about rewards. I keep failing in the late game because I don't have enough milk. :|

hmm thats odd, doing the math it still should give you a red mark, if you do it again can you lmk if you still don't get a red mark?

Yep, this has happened to me two times since then. Once for bread, once for cheese. At first, I thought it was the old DST bug where a food is stale server-side but still shows green in the client, but the last one was for a cheese craving and I was using fresh milk, so I was 100% green. Still no red mark. Grilled cheese is still definitely worth it for snack cravings, though.

Looking over at @HamBatter's Rewards Logic post, I noticed this:

If a penalty is applied on a dish, coin value will first be deducted from the highest tiered rewards until the penalty is satisfied. (e.g. 1 Red Mark becomes 1 Sapphire Medallion + 6 Old Coins, where the Old Coins are used on the penalty)

So I think that means that the snack penalty hits the RM first, so that even though the .75 snack penalty puts the coin value at 15, that works out as 1 SM 9 OC, rather than 1 RM 3 OC. Now that I'm figuring this out, that's actually what the table in the third post is saying (which I didn't understand at first).

So: Grilled Cheese for Snack, Sliders for Bread/Meat, Mac'Ncheese for Pasta/Cheese. 

Edit: In that same thread, HamBatter gives a list of rewards after penalties:

1RM+8OC (20) with 0.75 penalty returns 1SM+9OC (15) AND with 1.25 bonus returns 1RM+7OC (19)

So that's definitely the problem.

Archived