Turn off tree growth?

I'd say there are two parts to it. First you have to disable the growth, second you have to transforma all trees to small versions. The latter should be as easy done as:

for k, v in pairs(Ents) do if v.prefab == "evergreen" then v.components.growable:SetStage(1) end end

The Growth might be a bit more tricky. If you disable/remove the growable parameter of the trees, it'll be back/reativated after each boot. So you either have to issue something like

for k, v in pairs(Ents) do if v.prefab == "evergreen" then v:RemoveComponent("growable") end end

Issue here is that you have to issue the second command every time you restart the server or plant a new tree, since when a new tree is created it'll have the growable component again.

At this point I'd recommend looking into modding yourself, and modifying the evergreens.lua file in a way that Trees always spawn as stage 1 trees (the small ones) and won't ever grow.

If you wanna look into the file yourself a bit, it's located in "<DST_Home>/data/databundles/scripts/prefabs/evergreens.lua".

Good luck!

You'd have to do a little modding for this one. I'd say the easiest way to accomplish this would be to override the growth_stages function in the evergreens.lua file and remove the "old" stage. Then the trees should cycle through short, normal, tall while skipping the old/wilted stage.

Archived