Custom character mod LUA syntax error crash (DST)

I need help finding where my syntax mistake is... I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding the error or if I'm just blind!

I can't seem to figure out where or what my syntax problem is in my mod. It crashes when I try to go to the character selection screen only with my mod and not other mods such as the Terezi mod, and it worked just fine until Don't Starve Together updated, and I'm not sure if it's the update or something I did to the work-in-progress speech file. I could move around and analyze objects, pick up things, everything worked up until the update.

This is the client_log that includes the error (The crash screen says "An error occurred while starting the game. Check your log for details.")

client_log.txt

The error I'm looking at is 

[00:04:27]: error loading module 'speech_matthew' from file '../mods/Matthew\scripts\speech_matthew.lua':
    [string "cannot OLDFILEACCESSMETHOD @../mods/Matthew\scripts\speech_matt..."]:577: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 165) near 'BLUE_MUSHROOM'

This is the mod in it's entirety

Matthew.zip

This is the character template I used while I was making my mod

[Character template tutorial] [Character template download site]

Now when I look at the syntax at both lines 577 and line 165, both syntax are completed, and seemingly identical to the functioning Terezi mod.

Line 578, the beginning syntax, (near BLUE_MUSHROOM) has completed syntax at line 582.

Line 165, another beginning syntax (spotted near DESCRIBE=) has completed syntax at line 1439, which is the same for the Terezi mod.

I'm very confused and I don't know why it's telling me there's missing syntax, especially where it's asking me to add it in... If it's about the OLDFILEACCESSMETHOD thing, I have no idea what it means and it would be nice if someone could tell me what it means if this is the actual problem!

Let me know if I missed any potential info you'd need me to include!