Will there be a better door introduced? Should there be one?

The in-game airlocks are only good for as long as they're not used or hardly ever used. But managing pesky gasses in areas that are frequented by Duplicants is basically impossible. The airlocks let everything out (and everything in). Tons of gas travels away in a matter of a few labor cycles and the only way to control it at the moment is making a pit-based base. At least the only way I found and it's not always practical (not to mention good looking!).

Are there better doors in plans? Perhaps something utilizing plastic sheets or whatever else that could prevent such fast spreading of gases? If more dangerous diseases make an appearance (and my guess is they might, seeing how the system is in place but only two microbes exist in game [unless there are some later on, don't tell me ;>] ) that could definitely come in handy as well.

An airlock is a chamber with two airtight doors and a device to control a pressure in it. It's not just a door.

Here are some options:

20180625142508_1.thumb.jpg.6794a0061dc19ee9506f07c73370cdf0.jpg

If you want a 100%-guaranteed result, add automatic passage control for the fourth and the fifth.
The second and the third work well without any automation.

image.png.75a3ca1b4fb576d9ab88e80de34bd545.png
on a bigger scale(more rows of steps) using co2 make a great gas lock for basic and beginner bases. You can use hydrogen and build it upside down if you want, still works to separate sides and can be used as a passive gas storage.  I personally tend to use doors as room separators more than anything else...

Archived