How to use in-pipe Thermo Sensors?

I cannot find a way to get the in-pipe Thermo Sensors working. I'm trying to get liquid over a temp through one pipe, and below through another. I've tried using 2 Liquid Shutoffs, but some of the liquid always gets to the wrong shutoff before the automation signal disabled it and enabled the other path.

In the design below, the right shutoff becomes active if above 20C, and the top shutoff signal is just passed through a NOT gate.

image.png.1d86f4a58a865d0674df098f6f820981.png

As you can see below, some of the liquid below 20C got into the right shutoff, even though only liquid above 20C is supposed to go there.

image.png.9187485fa2837f3155d8b595f0756cdd.png

Anyone have any designs for solving this? Is this a bug, or is it because the automation signal isn't instant?

Problem is: There is one tile pipe after the intersection before valve (under white arrow). Water in intersection see two way to go. He will alternate between two available path. If one blocked it will stop flowing on that direction.

Hope this helps you understand a bit, I'm not good at explaining things

oni_fix.thumb.png.b5c0d85bb49c8643ff724efc83342fb9.png

this should achieve what you want, as long as there is no backup where the cold water is going.

Just using one liquid shutoff, it checks if temp is above 20 & lets thru shutoff, if not it continues along pipe

Archived