SOLO WIN - 'No Silver Linings' achievement as WX78! VIDEO INCLUDED!

dongianizoo

Hey guys! Just as the title says, let's check how to perform a solo clean run without using any Silver Dishes. This is definitely easier when you do that as 2-players but if you're planning to do it alone, I'd suggest to practice at least 5 times or more to understand the whole process and what you can upgrade in your playstyle. This run isn't luck depended, you would just have to play it well. Let's go!

___________________________________________________________________________________

1.thumb.jpg.c9b47f104787b864fa8b36ae032551b0.jpg

I already have the 'No Silver Linings' achievement but in case you don't, you would definitely have it if you success the run!

___________________________________________________________________________________

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ AND CHECK HOW I DID IT, FEEL FREE TO WATCH THE VIDEO BY CLICKING THIS TEXT! Since I don't talk in the video, you can check the images, skip the reading parts and make an idea yourself if you're already familiar with the event!

UPDATE 26/06: THERE IS ANOTHER VIDEO PERFORMING THE SAME TRICK BUT SKIPPING MORE MEALS HERE! THIS TECHNIQUE WORKS EVERYTIME IN UNDER 15MINUTES, FEEL FREE TO CHECK IT OUT!

Each number correspond to the current round. The first recipe corresponds to #1, etc. Each 4 meals, Gnaw wants a Dessert (4, 8, 12, 16, 20). We will get the Gnaw's Favors within the last 3 desserts. I will explain all the steps you need to do for each recipe. Let's go!

1. Veggie Soup (2 Potatoes 1 Mushroom)

• Pick the axe and chop 9 Logs. Aim for the Large Evergreens only.
  • Get the 4 Potatoes, 2 Rot, 2 Mushroom and come back to the camp.
  • Buy Cook pot Kit for 6 coins, install it, cook the food.
  • While the food is cooking in the Cook pot, grab the rest of the coins and buy 4 Packs of Blue Seeds.
  • Unwrap them all, pick and grab your food in the Cook pot, serve.

2. Veggie Soup (2 Potatoes 1 Mushroom)

Here you can cook a second Veggie Soup because Mushroom spoils relatively fast. The second recipe can also be a Veggie, this is perfect. If it's a Bread recipe, you can always skip it and gives Veggie Soup, no problem! You always want to leave on the Pot another meal that is cooking, make sure you economize your time and actions, a crucial thing to do in this run.

• While the food is cooking in the Cook pot, till the ground and plant all the Blue Seeds.
  • Serve it and gather the coins.

When you gathered the coins and served the plate, prepare yourself to buy a Grill Kit if Gnaw wants a Meat recipe. You can also buy the Grill if you had Veggies in the second round, means you didn't failed (or skip) any recipe and you would have enough coins.

3.1 Fish Stew (2 Fern 1 Salmon)

• Pick 4 coins, 6 Fern next to the Iron Gate.
  • Buy Fishing Rod, get 1 Salmon.
  • While the food is cooking in the Cook pot, get 2 Manure and 2 Berries.

Here you can also save a lot of time by gathering 4 Manure (you can gather them before this step for example) and instantly fertilize 2 Wheat. The objective is to get the Flour at the same time you're getting the Fishing Rod and Salmon. But you can still do that in the next step, the 4th one. If you planted your Seeds earlier, you can only gather 2 Manure because they would have the time to grow to the next stage.

3.2 Meat Skewers (2 Meat Scrap 1 Twig)

If the second recipe was Vegetables, you would have a lot more coins than skipping the Bread recipe. If you do have a lot of coins, grab 6 and buy 2 Pigeons to Billy instead!

• Buy Grill Kit for 6 coins.
  • Buy Regular Trap, 4 coins. (or simply do the step written above if you have 6 coins) and 1 Twig.
  • Catch 2 Rabbits while grabbing 2 Manure and 2 Berries.
  • Cook on the grill, serve it.

Be careful when using a Grill on a decent fire, it will be cooked pretty fast. It also burns fast, make sure you're next to it and pick ASAP. You also need to manage your inventory, make sure you leave the Twig before going for the Regular Trap if needed.

4. Jelly Roll (1 Flour 2 Berries)

Time to cook your first dessert. This one grants you the Sapphire Medallion!

• Grab all the coins and craft Iron Key and Oven Kit
  • Open the Gate, buy 1 or 2 Tap Kits (for a total of 3 and 6, respectively) and install them on the Trees.
  • Get the 2 other Manure and fertilize your 4 Wheat
  • Craft the Flour
  • Cook in the oven, serve it.

Same as before, you can do multiple actions in the meantime. For example you can fish another Salmon while getting the Flour. You can also pick some Rocks for the future Stone Soups, if you had the Fish recipe or getting some more Rabbits or one Pigeon near Billy. If the NPC is near the crafting station, this is perfect. A lot of time saved.

Having 6 Tap Kits makes it easier! 6 coins. I really recommend to have that after the 4th recipe. This is really important for the fuel later on. You can't afford to chop a lot of trees now. Only one when your food is cooking and you got nothing to do. But since there are a lot to do, you want to put the need of logs at the bottom of your task list.

When you delivered the first dessert, installed the Tap Kits, your objective is to cycle to the next dessert, which is always after 3 meals. First dessert is 4th, second 8th, third 12th, fourth 16th and the last one is the 20th. We won't use any other recipes except the Potato Soup. When you fail a Gnaw's cravings, you will lose a bit of time. When you give the correct meal, you gain extra time.

5. Stone Soup (1 Fern 1 Rock 1 Berry)

Whatever Gnaw wants, even if it's Veggies, just skip it with a Stone Soup. You should have been able to gather all the ingredients before and even prepare it whenever you can in the Cook pot.

• Grab all the Wheat while the food is cooking in the Cook pot.

6.1 Meat Skewers (2 Meat Scrap 1 Twig)

When Gnaw craves Meat.

• Grab 6 Coins and buy 2 Pigeons at Billy.
  • Grab the Twigs near the Berries or the Twigs near the Gate.
  • Cook on the grill, serve it.

6.2 Fish Stew (2 Fern 1 Salmon)

• Grab all the Wheat and go fish one Salmon.
  • Craft all the Flour.
  • Grab some rocks.
  • Cook in the Cookpot, serve it.

I am not sure if Gnaw can ask for Bread here. If it's the case, just skip it with a Stone Soup or the two above. Do that for the rest of the run in case of Bread.

7. Stone Soup (1 Fern 1 Rock 1 Berry)

Gnaw craves Pasta or Cheese at this point. Just skip it with a Stone Soup.

• Grab all the coins and prepare the meal in the Cook pot, start a mid-fire.
  • Loot the Sap on the trees, they should be ready right now.
  • Buy the Sirup Pot for 4 coins in the meantime.
  • Grab the meal, replace the Cook pot by the Sirup Pot filled with 3 Sap.

When you enter in the park, you should have some space inventory to gather more Fern for the future Fish Stew and Stone Soup.

8. Berry Tart (1 Flour 1 Sirup 1 Berry)

This is the only way you can obtain a Red Mark without using Silver Dishes. You should have everything you need because you gathered that before this step.

• Cook the Sirup with 3 Sap in the Cook pot.
  • Grab the Sirup, cook the Berry Tart in the oven.
  • While both are cooking, you can start to till the ground x9 for future Fluffy Seeds.
  • Serve it, grab 3 coins, buy 3 Packs of Fluffy Seeds.

9. Stone Soup (1 Fern 1 Rock 1 Berry)

• Collect Sap and some nearby Fern if needed and if have space. If not, no big deal.
  • Prepare a Stone Soup in the Cook pot.
  • While the food is cooking, un-pack the seeds and plant them.

Actually it might not be a skip recipe here. Gnaw might want a Snack or a Soup here. Both work with Stone Soup. But I think Gnaw can also ask for a Vegetable recipe. In case we don't have because we just bought the Fluffy Seeds. Skip it with a Stone Soup, no prob.

10.1 Meat Skewers (2 Meat Scrap 1 Twig)

Gnaw wants Meat.

• Grab 6 Coins. (you should have one Twig left on the ground near your Grill)
  • Buy 2 Pigeon at Billy.
  • Fish one Salmon.
  • Cook on the Grill, serve it.

10.2 Fish Stew (2 Fern 1 Salmon)

Gnaw wants Fish.

• Grab 8 Coins, Fern near Gate if needed.
  • Buy one Salt Rack, install it (NOT on the first pond, save it for fishing)
  • Fish one Salmon.

11.1 Meat Skewers (2 Meat Scrap 1 Twig)

Gnaw wants Meat or Fish but I'm not sure if he only wants that. In my run I had Meat followed by Fish. If Gnaw wants anything else, just skip it with a Stone Soup.

• Grab 4 Coins.
  • Collect the Sap.
  • Buy the Large Casserole for 4 coins in the meantime.
  • Buy 2 Pigeons at Billy.
  • Cook on the Grill, serve it.

11.2 Fish Stew (2 Fern 1 Salmon)

• Grab 4 coins.
  • Collect the Sap.
  • Buy the Large Casserole for 4 coins in the meantime.
  • Fish one Salmon.

Same as before, while the food is cooking you can always start another task and save a lot of time. If you managed to get some extra ingredients to prepare another recipe, just go for it. As long as your meal isn't stale, you're good to go. At this point you have a lot of coins, you can buy more than 2 Pigeon, 4 for example, for a total of 12 coins. You can also Fish one Salmon even if the recipe is Meat while you're getting your Pigeons talking to Billy.

12. Trifle (1 Goat Milk 1 Berry 2 Flour)

Time to get our first Gnaw's Favor! Don't buy the Milk straight away, it spoils really, really fast. Now the things are getting kinda stressful because you need to cycle really fast from 12 to 20 recipes. You should always have 2 extra meals prepared, before starting to cook your Trifles. I used plural here because we need to cook all the three Trifle before the Milk spoils. At this point you should have :

- All the needed Berries (x3) to cook the Trifles, even more if you got some more for future Stone Soup to skip Pasta/Cheese/Bread.

- All the Flour you crafted previously, way earlier in the game.

- All the Sap to be gathered constantly so you can have some fuel to cook your meals.

/!\ If you didn't installed the Salt Rack before because you had the Meat recipe, you should go for it now, especially while you're doing anything else in the same biome such as gathering Rocks if you still have ingredients to cook Stone Soup, getting Salmon with Fishing Rod, anything useful! /!\

• Collect the Sap after delivering the previous recipe, the 11th. You can also collect more Fern if needed.
  • Pre-cook as much as you can! Fish Stew, Meat Skewers and a last Stone Soup. Be careful to always have the needed Berries to cook the Trifles.
  • Buy Goat Milk, cook Trifle in the oven.
  • While food(s?) is(are?) cooking, make sure you're doing something, grabbing berries, fern, twigs, anything useful.
  • Serve the Trifle.
  • Grab all the coins.

13. Meat Skewers (2 Meat Scrap 1 Twig) or Fish Stew (2 Fern 1 Salmon) or Stone Soup (1 Fern 1 Rock 1 Berry)

Now this is the part where you can skip Bread/Pasta/Cheese with anything you cooked. The only thing you can do for this step is to give the last Stone Soup you have and save your Meat Skewers or Fish Stew for a possible next Fish/Meat recipe!

• While another food is cooking on mid-fire, you can leave the camp and grab 12 coins to buy 4 Pigeon at Billy.
  • Serve anything you cooked before, according to the correct meal, the recipe that Gnaw want to eat.
  • After serving the plate, collect all your Potatoes that should be off the ground now.
  • Make sure you prepare another Trifle and got an eye on it.

14. Meat Skewers (2 Meat Scrap 1 Twig) or Fish Stew (2 Fern 1 Salmon)

You should have another meal that you cooked before and left on the ground. Just give it straight, doesn't really matter if it's the correct meal from now on.

• Serve the meal you pre-cooked before.
  • You should have your second Trifle cooked right now, prepare the third in the oven, start a mid-fire.
  • Collect Sap.

15. Potato Soup (3 Potatoes in Cookpot) Chips (3 Potatoes in Oven) or Potato Pancakes (3 Potatoes on Grill)

Now you should have a Potato Soup pre-cooked. But I would like to point out you can cook the 3 Potatoes in the 3 Cooking Stations! Three different meals for one recipe. That's awesome, it would save a considerable amount of time which is really crucial at this point.

• Serve the Potato Soup or if you got the correct meal, serve it. Launch 3 other Potatoes in any Cooking Station.
  • Make sure you got your second Trifle in your inventory right now.
  • Think about what you need now, if you need more Pigeons just go for it quickly for example.
  • You should have your third Trifle cooking, or cooked at this point.

You might need to collect the Sap now. Don't forget to grab some Fern when you're doing it! At this point, You should have every ingredients for a possible Fish Stew or Meat Skewers, we would save that in case Gnaw craves Meat or Fish to gain extra time.

16. Trifle (1 Goat Milk 1 Berry 2 Flour)

• Serve the second Trifle for the second Gnaw's Favor. Ay!
  • Grab all the coins. Collect Sap.

17. Potato Soup (3 Potatoes in Cookpot) Chips (3 Potatoes in Oven) or Potato Pancakes (3 Potatoes on Grill)

• Grab the meal you cooked with the 3 Potatoes and launch another one with 3 Potatoes, cook.
  • Serve the meal, grab the coins. Go for some Pigeon or Fish one Salmon quickly.

18. Potato Soup (3 Potatoes in Cookpot) Chips (3 Potatoes in Oven) or Potato Pancakes (3 Potatoes on Grill)

Again, Potatoes are crucial here! Thanks to them, we have 3 free meals in the late game, perfect!

• Grab the meal and start cooking your last Potato meal in any Cooking Station.
  • You just ran out of Potatoes, you need another meal so make sure you got it, otherwise your last and third Trifle will spoil and become stale.
  • Collect Sap, 2 Fern.

19. Meat Skewers (2 Meat Scrap 1 Twig) or Fish Stew (2 Fern 1 Salmon) or Stone Soup (1 Fern 1 Rock 1 Berry)

• Time to serve the last Meat Skewers, Fish Stew or Stone Soup. You should have one Berry left and you should have picked the Rock and Fern earlier.
  • Make sure you got your last and third Trifle in the inventory.
  • If you counted the number of recipes you can instantly give it to Gnaw after you gave the 19th meal if your Trifle is about to stale.

20. Trifle (1 Goat Milk 1 Berry 2 Flour)

• Serve the Trifle, grab the 2 Gnaw's Favors on the ground, while Gnaw is taking the plate.
  • Grab the 3rd Favor, craft the key and escape.

Serve the last Trifle and get your last Gnaw's Favor! If you got enough time and if your Trifle is stale, simply get your Salt Crystals, craft some Salt and put that on the plate. Serve. You won the game! Good job! ;)

AGAIN, FEEL FREE TO CHECK THE VIDEO HERE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq5bLxNUREk

In the screenshot you can check how much Appeasement Points I had. 920, unreal! :o  You will find some cool advices, tricks and general thoughts for the run below!

• You don't have 4 slots, you have 5! Don't forget it. Holding something in your hand while having your inventory full is a really cool thing to do in this run but also in general.
  • The fuel is definitely a problem when you don't have the Sap, in the early part of the game. You can use the WX78's speed to get some Manure, grab the Mini Signs and use that for quick fuel. You can also chop a Tree or two while the food is cooking!
  • Six Tap Kits, best choice for this run! The earlier you install them is also good because you will solve your fuel problems and being able to quickly cook the Berry Tart.
  • Having the Salt Rack and installing it when you have enough coins is a good choice due to the fast spoiling of the Trifle.
  • You can also cycle back to the 24th dessert if your Trifle is stale and re-cook a Berry Tart so you can get another Red Mark. If you played well before, you would definitely have the time to do that. Having a Salt Rack just in case is better in my opinion.
  • You can use Right-Click on your Tool to drop it.
  • You can use Shift to quickly place the food in your inventory when you open a cooking station in order to re-cook another meal instead of dragging it manually.
  • Fast Tree early chopping : hold your spacebar, chain some mouse left clicks aiming the tree with your cursor. It will go significantly faster. No need to chain to be honest, just find the good timing.
  • Same for the Blue Seeds, when you have 16 to pick, this will significantly save a lot of time. Also works with coins when they are close from each other.
  • Playing the run with a friend is really great : you can even buy another Cookpot Kit! You would be able to cook anytime you want, focusing on your objectives, sharing the job! Perfect! The perfect combination in my opinion would be a Webber and a WX78. Webber would gather some early Twigs/Fern before buying the Cookpot Kit and the Blue Seeds while WX78 chops 10 Logs, craft a Bucket and grab 4 Potatoes and 2 Mushrooms. I let you imagine the rest. If you're 3, that's even better.

Feel free to leave a comment if you have any idea to improve the run! Feel also free to share your screenshot if you managed to do it. Thanks for the reading! You can also check my YouTube channel here, I am making some guides and other stuff in DST. Feel free to check it out!

Also, feel free to leave any comment that would improve the format of the thread. I hope everything is easily readable. I also hope I didn't make any mistake regarding the technique or anything, feel free to tell me if it's the case, please. This will probably be my only thread here as I'm focused mainly on the videos and writing those kind of guides actually take a lot of time. Maybe I will write another one for the next event though! I hope you liked the guide.

My YouTube Channel - Don Giani Guides

Thanks for reading and for watching! :)

Hey there, Don. Congratulations on the successful solo run!

First off, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write out a guide as well as record a visual demonstration of the achievement hunt in action. It's very time consuming creating guides as I'd know.

Second, this is purely from a helpful stand-point, but I'd recommend changing your title to something like, "No-silver-lining achievement solo/group guide w/ video". There are a lot of bragging posts from what I've seen and generally people tend to avoid those.

The title change would help a lot of other players who are having issues getting these harder achievements know that they can get a lot of knowledge and assistance from viewing it.

Also, I've added a link in my thread directing to yours so that every big achievement now has a guide out there for the community to utilize to help them out. Co.op and Zarklord for the 7 run achievement, yours for the no-silver-lining and 15/18 meal achievements, and mine as probably the easiest beginner's solo guide.

Thanks again for all your effort and I hope you get a lot of views/happy comments about how your guide helped!

P.S. I've watched your DST Seven 7ips before and I got a lot of helpful advice from them. I hope you and Ryuk are having fun and take care of yourselves!

Sincerely,

Extant

@Extant

Hey Extant! Thanks for the advice about the title change, I'm doing it right now, truly good idea.

That's cool to hear that, thank you for the share! May you link me your guide so I can share it with my viewers please?

I'm glad you liked the Seven 7ips videos dude. Thanks for your wishes! See you around :)

Ah, I wouldn't worry about linking my guide.

To be honest, trying co.op or Zarklord's strategies first would definitely be the best since their runs get all of my achievements and they get the additional 7 dish one, too. It's just that their runs are definitely a bit harder than mine.

Ironically enough, I think my guide is best suited to the players after they get all the achievements since mine allows any of the DST characters to achieve an easy 100% guaranteed win no matter what dish order.

If you still want to link my thread, here's its URL.

Have fun and I hope your future seven 7ips videos go well!

26/06 UPDATE: I linked a second video in which I help 2 strangers getting the achievement. Made little changes on the technique to go faster, I won't edit the thread since there's a brand new video that you can check!

Here is the link:

Thanks for watching and reading!

Archived