Jump to content

Cosmic Upgrade - Surviving Meteors


Recommended Posts

Soo here it is. My created little space habitat on the surface. All creative mode. The amount of egg shells needed for this is ridiculous at the moment.

And here is how it goes.

https://youtu.be/NdcXBDKF8Wo

Feedback...

Well Bunker Walls are only impenetrable when used in double layers.
The meteor period is long so other things than solar power is needed. Or a hUUUge bank of batteries.
Back Wall wallpapers needed or all air is gone when in space.
The air flows so differently although it might change with a hotfix soon. But I hope not. Gone were the corner hugging gases.(:
Build up debris will kill your base with heat unless you insulate it.

BUT IT'S DOABLE I LOVE IT (:

Bugs..

After clearing the roof of regolith the sun still won't shine on the solar panels.
Weird behaviour when playing with steam and lava....

I would like some way of auto clearing the roof of debris without having to order my dupes to dig.
I would like some way of growing algae and algae farms that has inlet outlet pipes. And produces algae for my hungry piranha (:

Moore battery and heat protect.sav

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mjello said:

I would like some way of auto clearing the roof of debris without having to order my dupes to dig.

It seems kind of janky, and I think I'd like a machine to do it instead, but currently you can set a bunch of doors with automation wires attached. You put a buffer gate (2s delay), into a NOT, into a filter (0.1s delay), back into the buffer. Connect all the doors to the buffer. they'll be open constantly, except for 1/10 of a second pretty often. That 1/10 of a second will break one regolith, effectively clearing the slate after about 10 seconds. Of course, this only works with blast doors because they'd get destroyed if they got hit by comets, so you need to make sure that they only get the falling regolith.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Juicearific said:

It seems kind of janky, and I think I'd like a machine to do it instead, but currently you can set a bunch of doors with automation wires attached. You put a buffer gate (2s delay), into a NOT, into a filter (0.1s delay), back into the buffer. Connect all the doors to the buffer. they'll be open constantly, except for 1/10 of a second pretty often. That 1/10 of a second will break one regolith, effectively clearing the slate after about 10 seconds. Of course, this only works with blast doors because they'd get destroyed if they got hit by comets, so you need to make sure that they only get the falling regolith.

Its janki allright... A bit too much for me. I like automation but that seems like a lot of hunky bunky wiring and doors for me. Not to mention the noise (:

Autodigger or meteor Roomba for me please (:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Mjello said:

Its janki allright... A bit too much for me. I like automation but that seems like a lot of hunky bunky wiring and doors for me. Not to mention the noise (:

Autodigger or meteor Roomba for me please (:

If you think the noise is bad, you should see the lagg after it's been running for awhile and all the doors have junk in them. It's pretty bad when you cover a whole asteroid.

But yeah, I'd love to have 'digging spikes' (or something along those lines). Place on the ground, they'll break up hardened materials on them. Basically only good for regolith, sand, and snow - and since sand and snow aren't really hard to get rid of.. no problem. I suppose you could find a use for them in sometihng like geyser outputs too.

And OMG roombas would be great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...