I can't host any Gorge games (network error)

Dekay

I can connect to Gorge games hosted by other players, I can log into Don't Starve Together, every other internet enabled app works as expected but I can't host ANY custom servers for The Gorge because of this error message "Unable to contact Klei servers. Please check your network connection and try again."

I've restarted my computer, I've restarted my router, I've disabled all client mods and I've verified the game cache for Don't Starve Together. NOTHING WORKS!

That's highly strange. I'm no expert, but you shouldn't really be experiencing any problems. Hopefully the issue goes away soon.

I'm sorry I wasn't of any help. I know that The Gorge had issues with Mac users before in the BETA, but that's not your case here.

I'm trying to make a game with my friends.  We were just playing but we restarted and had to make a new server.  Now  every time we try to connect, it says "Cannot connect to server".  I tested my connection by making a default DST server and they connected just fine.  Is there something wrong with the Gorge servers/connection right now?

*Edit: We found a way to get around it by not using the join or invite feature on steam and joined manually in the server browser.

The only way I've found around this error is to join a game someone else hosts. I checked my logs and it appears my client fails to ping ALL the Don't Starve Official servers when it starts and then refuses to ever try again when hosting a game.

Archived