Salted dishes don‘t award any favor?

yklsn

I was approaching to finish the 7 dish challenge. I encountered fish demanding at the sixth one, then I cooked the 47th dish Bagel'Nfish. Because the goat milk was not very fresh I salted the dish after plating into silver. However I got only 1 red mark after sending it. So I wonder whether it will give a favor after salting a dish that should have been rewarded one favor .

Or I wonder if it is a bug, maybe if I salt it before plating into silver I will get a favor instead? Because it seems that I got a favor by sending a salted dish before, but I played too much and don't remember clearly. So does anybody know this question? 

I've gotten favors from salted food plenty of times. If it was still stale after salting then it still won't fix the dish, but that shouldn't usually be an issue unless multiple ingredients were really stale.

Salting a dish doesn't affect the reward a dish gives unless the dish was stale and became fresh again after salting it.

Salt simply has 2 functions. 1 it restores some durability to the meal and 2 it helps to restore a little bit of The Gnaw's meter back. This is actually the only way to restore the meter rather than slow it down.

The reason why Bagel And Fish did not give a favor for fish craving on the 6th meal is because the reward pay-out varies not only on whether the meal is fresh, stale, or spoiled, whether or not it has a silver plate/bowl, but also what craving you gave it on even if the craving is acceptable.

For example, Cheesecake can be given either as a cheese dish or dessert dish. If you give the Cheesecake as a dessert, it will grant a favor even without a silver plate. But, if you give it when The Gnaw craves cheese, it will not give a favor even if it's at maximum freshness. Also, the rewards displayed on the official Klei database only showcase the best reward the dish can give. You still have to experiment and figure out which craving will give the best reward though.

56 minutes ago, Extant said:

Salting a dish doesn't affect the reward a dish gives unless the dish was stale and became fresh again after salting it.

Salt simply has 2 functions. 1 it restores some durability to the meal and 2 it helps to restore a little bit of The Gnaw's meter back. This is actually the only way to restore the meter rather than slow it down.

The reason why Bagel And Fish did not give a favor for fish craving on the 6th meal is because the reward pay-out varies not only on whether the meal is fresh, stale, or spoiled, whether or not it has a silver plate/bowl, but also what craving you gave it on even if the craving is acceptable.

For example, Cheesecake can be given either as a cheese dish or dessert dish. If you give the Cheesecake as a dessert, it will grant a favor even without a silver plate. But, if you give it when The Gnaw craves cheese, it will not give a favor even if it's at maximum freshness. Also, the rewards displayed on the official Klei database only showcase the best reward the dish can give. You still have to experiment and figure out which craving will give the best reward though.

Got it! Thank you.

Archived