Suggestions: Post Insanity

I've played Don't Starve for about 35 hours and a few comments/ ideas on how to improve the game.

Nightmare Souls

Right now they need to be tweaked, specifically the Dark Sword. Costing a staggering 10 Nightmare souls to create, it is not a cost effective way to kill the shadow creatures. Using up the entire sword only netted me 7 Nightmare souls, and cost me 4 pieces of armor. The % of use either needs to be tweaked, or the recipe does.

World Generation

Since the update, I've noticed that certain map features (Tallbirds, beefalo) are spaced out far too much, and some features are to scarce or non existent. The world doesn't need to be massive, considering there is only a few biomes with only a few things in them. I don't enjoy having to spend one day's travel just to go get stone, and then another day to get to where the few spider nests are. The map should be more compact, and doesn't need to be so big, until much more is added.

The Nonsensical Portal

Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with having a nonsensical portal, but it has no rhyme or reason as of yet. Right now, it is find 4 arbitrary pieces that are scattered randomly around the portal base. I think it would be more interesting, if in order to get these pieces, you had to accomplish some sort of quest. For example, Maxwell could send sort of demon or he could reside in his own biome, and you had to deal with him in some way to get his piece of the portal. Give us some reason to assemble this portal other than 4 random pieces for no reason.

Weather Conditions

Suggested before, still think rain every 7,8,9 days would be an achievable and interesting feature.

Magic

Would love to see some alchemy magic introduced. Potions that can do various things like create portals, or hypnotize enemies etc.

Let me know what you guys think. Really looking forward to seeing where this game will go.

first off, i have played for 100 hours, top that! :)nightmare fuel.i agree the cost for the nightmare sword should be tweaked, but they should have it as 5 souls, and when you build it for the first time it would be 10. it should be that way for the dapper vest too. 16 teeth? after a nerf? no way. also, try killing some beardlings! you have a chance to get beard hair, with some souls and maybe some monster meat along with it.world generationi have yet to make a new map. no comment.portali like this the way it is. i want no changes to the portalsrainwell, snow is in the game right now, which is frozen rain, so why not? but have it like snow, it dose nothing, and is summoned by a hat.magic.we will see. but if you ask me, sounds a bit... normal. i want something like potions, but not exactly like them.