Jump to content

Modifying a thing (craft)


Recommended Posts

Hello everybody!
And again I need your help =)
The question is simple, how to prohibit crafting thing for a particular character?
I know that can allow crafting for characters by add them with a tag.
But I need to allow all but one and not to change the character files.
Is it possible to implement it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its kind of funny because I just built this for my own mod stuff, take note my mod has local variables to reduce the amount of GLOBAL stuff I need to type. You'll have to add those in as you will get errors related to that.

Spoiler

--In modmain
if TUNING.EXCLUDERECIPEMOD ~= true then--prevent multiple instances of this mod running
	local function _ExcludedRecipe(self, recname)
		local recipe = GetValidRecipe(recname)
		if recipe ~= nil then 
			if recipe.exclude_tag ~= nil then
				for i, v in ipairs(recipe.exclude_tag) do
					if self.inst:HasTag(v) then return true end
				end
			end
			if recipe.exclude_prefab ~= nil then
				for i, v in ipairs(recipe.exclude_prefab) do
					if self.inst.prefab == v then return true end
				end
			end
		end
	end
	AddClassPostConstruct("components/builder_replica", function(self)
		local function IsExcludedRecipe(recname)
			return (self.inst.components.builder == nil and self.classified ~= nil and _ExcludedRecipe(self, recname)) and true or false
		end
		local oldCanLearn = self.CanLearn
		self.CanLearn = function(self, recipename, ...)return not IsExcludedRecipe(recipename) and oldCanLearn(self, recipename, ...)or false end
	end)
	AddComponentPostInit("builder", function(self)
		local function IsExcludedRecipe(recname)
			return _ExcludedRecipe(self, recname) and true or false
		end
		local oldCanLearn = self.CanLearn
		self.CanLearn = function(self, recname, ...)return not IsExcludedRecipe(recname) and oldCanLearn(self, recname, ...) or false end
	end)
	TUNING.EXCLUDERECIPEMOD = true
end

 

To use this simply add this as well to modmain again you'll need to fix the GLOBAL local variables, as I chopped off the GLOBAL parts to save space in my gigantic mod...

Spoiler

local function excludetags(recname, tags)
	if AllRecipes[recname]["exclude_tag"] == nil then AllRecipes[recname]["exclude_tag"] = {}end
	for k, tag in ipairs(tags) do table.insert(AllRecipes[recname]["exclude_tag"], tag)end
end
local function excludeprefabs(recname, noprefabs)
	if AllRecipes[recname]["exclude_prefab"] == nil then AllRecipes[recname]["exclude_prefab"] = {}end
	for k, prefab in ipairs(noprefabs) do table.insert(AllRecipes[recname]["exclude_prefab"], prefab)end
end
--call this function to add to a recipe
--examples
	excludetags("pickaxe", {"woodcutter", "bearded"})--supports multiple tags
	excludeprefabs("axe", {"woodie", "wilson"})--supports multiple prefabs

 

I think these are the local variables I have these are placed at the top of the file before the other code

local AllRecipes = GLOBAL.AllRecipes
local GetValidRecipe = GLOBAL.GetValidRecipe
local TUNING = GLOBAL.TUNING

 

Edited by IronHunter
added local variables
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, IronHunter said:

Its kind of funny because I just built this for my own mod stuff, take note my mod has local variables to reduce the amount of GLOBAL stuff I need to type. You'll have to add those in as you will get errors related to that.

To use this simply add this as well to modmain again you'll need to fix the GLOBAL local variables, as I chopped off the GLOBAL parts to save space in my gigantic mod...

I think these are the local variables I have these are placed at the top of the file before the other code

 

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Could you tell me how to create a random?
I need several random values to be selected for the parameter.
For example: 240, 300 and 400.

Edited by Tezumoto
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tezumoto said:

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.
Could you tell me how to create a random?
I need several random values to be selected for the parameter.
For example: 240, 300 and 400.

I really don't understand what you are asking for by random and your example provided.

Like math.random() is used usually for creating mostly random numbers when combined with other math functions and equations.

lua math library with examples

I am just guessing but are you asking for configuration settings? As those are really specific numbers, or did you want to pull random data from a table/array etc?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

math.random(lower number, upper number)

This would generate a number from whatever low number and high number you put in.

i.e. math.random(1, 400) -- A random number between 1 through 400.

*appreciate the link, will personally be using this reference. 

Edited by RedHairedHero
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, IronHunter said:

I really don't understand what you are asking for by random and your example provided.

Like math.random() is used usually for creating mostly random numbers when combined with other math functions and equations.

lua math library with examples

I am just guessing but are you asking for configuration settings? As those are really specific numbers, or did you want to pull random data from a table/array etc?

match.random works with a numbers from "a" to "b".
I need to random be only among my chosen numbers.

match.random(240 or 300 or 400) - this is an example of what I want to need.

Edited by Tezumoto
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tezumoto said:

match.random works with a numbers from "a" to "b".
I need to random be only among my chosen numbers.

match.random(240 or 300 or 400) - this is an example of what I want to need.

in that case your basically going to have to make a custom function like this:

local rng = {240, 300, 400}
local function randomindex(t) --Selects a random item from a table
    local keys = {}
    for key, value in pairs(t) do
        keys[#keys+1] = key --Store keys in another table
    end
    local index = keys[math.random(1, #keys)]
    return t[index]
end
print(randomindex(rng))

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...