What is this?

Hey I appreciate the quick reply. I have similar bug posts open which is where stuff like this should live if it generated any sort of comments from anyone with ideas, but it didn’t so here it is again.

Any idea why I would see this icon, or why my connection would die when playing split screen local mode (Xbox one x) in offline environment? Offline is no Ethernet, WiFi’s deleted from system, and the modem and router powered off while knowing that this step would do absolutely nothing but add another sentence for me to one day type as a further way to verify that yes..I was sure I was offline.

Been driving me bonkers trying to figure it out, but unable to play split screen for a game you buy again to play on a new toy.... while hoping offline lag is better..... and it being worse.... is annoying. 

12 minutes ago, DidUReboot said:

Hey I appreciate the quick reply. I have similar bug posts open which is where stuff like this should live if it generated any sort of comments from anyone with ideas, but it didn’t so here it is again.

Any idea why I would see this icon, or why my connection would die when playing split screen local mode (Xbox one x) in offline environment? Offline is no Ethernet, WiFi’s deleted from system, and the modem and router powered off while knowing that this step would do absolutely nothing but add another sentence for me to one day type as a further way to verify that yes..I was sure I was offline.

Been driving me bonkers trying to figure it out, but unable to play split screen for a game you buy again to play on a new toy.... while hoping offline lag is better..... and it being worse.... is annoying. 

Well I don't play on consoles, so I don't know how things work on them. But id say at one point your Internet decided to say "Hey, yes you. You will have a great day today". As for how it appears when there is no Internet and you're offline, I actually have no idea. Maybe you're required to have Internet to play local coop.

Yeah. I checked on the requirements and you’re good to play split screen offline with no Xbox gold or ps4 whatever pass. I have steady 100 down 10 up on a known good network connection as well and I pass all the system network checks.

I started on pc, prefer pc, enjoy playing with wife on couch, but can’t. I turn lag off on my ps4 version and the average gameplay is better offline, but as soon as I go to my base it gets choppy and unplayable because.... having 60 grass and 60 twigs and 30 random chests/pits/racks/whatevers is too much for the game to handle, which is another post and another rant in itself. 

I don’t know, just feel this game hides a lot of its flaws behind “check ur connection”. I couldn’t make this game, but I just feel let down. For a game that has a million options you can toggle and mods you can add on the pc, you would assume toggling only the built in settings would still allow the game to run smooth. Hey if it’s based on LUA then admit it and insert a fricken div box saying “if you don’t play it like this, expect issues”.

End of day, appreciate your replies and time spent. Have a good one.

4 minutes ago, DidUReboot said:

Yeah. I checked on the requirements and you’re good to play split screen offline with no Xbox gold or ps4 whatever pass. I have steady 100 down 10 up on a known good network connection as well and I pass all the system network checks.

I started on pc, prefer pc, enjoy playing with wife on couch, but can’t. I turn lag off on my ps4 version and the average gameplay is better offline, but as soon as I go to my base it gets choppy and unplayable because.... having 60 grass and 60 twigs and 30 random chests/pits/racks/whatevers is too much for the game to handle, which is another post and another rant in itself. 

I don’t know, just feel this game hides a lot of its flaws behind “check ur connection”. I couldn’t make this game, but I just feel let down. For a game that has a million options you can toggle and mods you can add on the pc, you would assume toggling only the built in settings would still allow the game to run smooth. Hey if it’s based on LUA then admit it and insert a fricken div box saying “if you don’t play it like this, expect issues”.

End of day, appreciate your replies and time spent. Have a good one.

No problem man, if you keep having this issue then maybe try contacting Klei about it.

My sarcasm isn’t directed at you in any fashion. One would assume a forum that klei themselves created to submit and track bugs would be a good place to, oh I don’t know, submit a bug. Unfortunately it’s not. hopefully an email to an already existing post on their site is enough to generate a reply. 

1 minute ago, DidUReboot said:

My sarcasm isn’t directed at you in any fashion. One would assume a forum that klei themselves created to submit and track bugs would be a good place to, oh I don’t know, submit a bug. Unfortunately it’s not. hopefully an email to an already existing post on their site is enough to generate a reply. 

Or one of them might see this, they do reply to some posts sometimes.

7 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

is this a new puzzle?

Yes... why would you receive a connection indication for an offline split screen game that is on the latest system?

Ironically my gameplay to recreate this issue is similar to my puzzle style in that I start by completing the border first. 

Archived