Option To Turn Off Ambient Game Graphics

I've hit the point in my game (500+ Cycles) where all the processes running cause the computer to lock up and auto close. I can't even make it through 1 Cycle. The problem is that the game at a certain point needs to tabulate too much stuff and a good chunk of that could be resolved by having an option to turn off ambient effects of animation (water reflections, gas movement, metallic reflections, etc.), which are not really needed to enjoy the game. As for how the gases would look the would be static like looking through the Gas Overlay, but still use the same color coding and transparency.

Also toss in the option of picking the maximum frame rate. I don't know what its locked at for ONI, but I just played around with the options on Ylands and I was able to optimize game play just by lowering the maximum frame rate from 60 to 32. The game now runs much better now and I was able to restore the ambient effects I was forced to turn off earlier.

On 24.05.2018 at 4:04 PM, vonVile said:

I've hit the point in my game (500+ Cycles) where all the processes running cause the computer to lock up and auto close. I can't even make it through 1 Cycle. The problem is that the game at a certain point needs to tabulate too much stuff and a good chunk of that could be resolved by having an option to turn off ambient effects of animation (water reflections, gas movement, metallic reflections, etc.), which are not really needed to enjoy the game. As for how the gases would look the would be static like looking through the Gas Overlay, but still use the same color coding and transparency.

Also toss in the option of picking the maximum frame rate. I don't know what its locked at for ONI, but I just played around with the options on Ylands and I was able to optimize game play just by lowering the maximum frame rate from 60 to 32. The game now runs much better now and I was able to restore the ambient effects I was forced to turn off earlier.

I believe you can mess around with game files to reduce quality

Archived