The One Guy Who Doesn't Like the Update

Personally i really like the new update, don't starve was pretty simple once you got used to surviving, and now with all the new tweaks and sanity additions its the hardcore style of playing which makes me prefer it over similar games. Although it really is just down to opinion, Don't starve is pretty much still in beta and it's going make a few mistakes from time to time at might dissapoint or alienate the playerbase but instead of complaining (not saying anyone is, as said its all opinion and i respect that) we should make suggestions to make the game better and how to improve mechanics the game already has. Overall i think Don't Starve is heading in a right direction making major game changing additions since thats the only way to learn and due to Ds being in a beta now is the best time to make said changes to experiment with what they can do.Other then that i love the update and can't wait for the next.

Thanks for all the great responses everyone.My main issue is that the new system seems like it overrides the hunger system unless you have been playing a while and know that you should build certain clothes to completely nullify it. So really it just seems like an anti-newb or pointless learning curve for new players until they go on the wiki/forums (I thought the point was to figure out the game without having to look things up) and learn that certain clothes/recipes make the new meter an non-issue.Also with the new map generation - -There are a lot more pigmen and pig houses (basically with signs that say "go on a killing spree here") and I haven't found the king nearly as much-These pigmen have gardens with a ton of carrots and berries together so the whole time you're wondering "Where is the starving challenge?"-The dimensional teleporter, it's parts, and chester seem all too easy to find now.Going insane is a cool concept for someone starving, sure. I just think the way it's resolved is through tedium(picking flowers and putting them back down), teching a certain way (going for silk clothes or a bee farm), or using your resources on things you don't want to (bed rolls) and i usually do most of my sciencing at night so that's not cool at all. This seems to drastically limit the open-ended "survive however you can" by "building what you can with what resources are available" aspects of the game and encourage a plan to get all this stuff from the beginning. All this stuff encourages people to look up game mechanics and like i said, this game should be fun without doing that.Basically I think the new system shouldn't have so much control on how you start the game. It should be learnable without a wiki like it was so you could get a girlfriend or someone to play it and even if they die they would want to start again immediately knowing what they could do to make more food, and not saying "which of these clothes causes my brain bar to shrink slower". I also like my Doppelganger idea a lot because if you go to 0 sanity it would be a situation that is a lot funner to deal with than say, certain doom. If you kill him you would get all of your sanity back because you destroyed your alter ego and would be immune to sanity loss for the day so you could go on a spider nest killing spree(I also think punishing the player for killing spiders is really weak).