Recommended way to restore world / server?

So I thought this was straightforward, but apparently it is not...

I just built a new PC, reinstalled DST and wanted to restore my existing worlds that I backed up before. Apparently just copying the files into $HOME/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/ doesn't cut it. So what is the official way to restore world files?

Thanks!

44 minutes ago, SQNoname said:

So I thought this was straightforward, but apparently it is not...

I just built a new PC, reinstalled DST and wanted to restore my existing worlds that I backed up before. Apparently just copying the files into $HOME/.klei/DoNotStarveTogether/ doesn't cut it. So what is the official way to restore world files?

Thanks!

Uh, that should be sufficient, AFAIK. What do you mean doesn't cut it? What's the issue??

Did you copy the whole directory, or just individual clusters?

Well, in fact I only copied the Cluster directories, and that doesn't work. I just tried to copy the client_save directory as well (after finding a post on the Steam forums from 2015 that suggests meddling with the saveindex file in there), and now all the servers seem to be restored.

So it is quite simple after all. I think it would be worth putting that into the FAQ.

Thanks for the reply!

Archived