Algae terrariums and dupe labor (feature request)

I gave a try to keeping some areas outside my base slightly oxygenated using algae terrariums. Seems like it would be a good idea, should eventually be able to put them in a water bath and just keep on emptying them when they are full.

Trouble is, dupes with the (supply? life support?) errand will repeatedly empty the nearest terrarium over and over even when it only has a few kg of pwater. They never get to the far terrariums unless I get several dupes doing that errand at once.

image.thumb.png.8d1b908233256a4ed9bb64e1159a0907.png

Terrariums 3 and 4 on the left spend a LOT of time idle waiting for someone to empty them. Terrariums 1 and 2 are usually up but my main dupe assigned to supply + tidy runs back and forth repeatedly grabbing 8 kg of PH2O at a time. This also coincidentally means that I can't get Ada to multitask very well, if she's prioritized for terrarium upkeep I pretty much can't get her to do anything else.

To clean this up, please add an "empty threshold" to terrariums. It should work much like the pressure vent on an oil well, or the fill threshold on a coal gen.

2 minutes ago, avc15 said:

To clean this up, please add an "empty threshold" to terrariums. It should work much like the pressure vent on an oil well, or the fill threshold on a coal gen.

More like what the algae distiller does where it poops out the algae when it exceeds a certain mass.

Archived