Give small pumps built-in filter!

I think it would be great if the small liquid and gas pumps had a built-in filter. This would give them great utility for removing unwanted gasses from rooms in a nice small package. They should be balanced to be less efficient than large gas pumps and filters of course, their advantage would be convenience and small power usage when you don't need the full flow rate.

Another thought I had was that it would be nice if we could give dupes the ability to "mop" pipes so that we can empty them before deconstructing them and making a mess.

I agree with the second option, the first option can just be fed into your filtering system and then thats it dealt with? They would also need to be made bigger for a third connection if that were the case, and they already take in 10 times less gas than a normal pump at a quarter of the power. If they were to take even less and use more power I think most people would just use bigger pumps.

Archived