Crafting new items/fire pit

Is it possible to place a description of what each item would do? For example, there is the Pug House, and the Tent. They dont really explain what/how they benefit the scientist (that I am playing as). Also, when I create my Fire Pit, I feel unsafe leaving it alone and going out on long exploration in fear that the fire might die out and I might have to re-make a brand new fire pit. Is it possible to place a timer so that we would know when the fire would die out, so we can expect it and can explore accordingly and not come back to find the fire gone and burnt out? Thanks!

Is it possible to place a description of what each item would do? For example, there is the Pug House, and the Tent. They dont really explain what/how they benefit the scientist (that I am playing as). Also, when I create my Fire Pit, I feel unsafe leaving it alone and going out on long exploration in fear that the fire might die out and I might have to re-make a brand new fire pit. Is it possible to place a timer so that we would know when the fire would die out, so we can expect it and can explore accordingly and not come back to find the fire gone and burnt out? Thanks!

sorry for double posting, but it would also help out if we knew exactly how much gold we had.

• MOTD

Hey! Thanks for checking out Don't Starve and leaving some feedback. We're actually going to be addressing some of these questions in an upcoming FAQ, but I've included some info below for you.

Item Descriptions:

Since Don't Starve was designed to let the player experiment and discover things for themselves, we won’t directly reveal details on how items are used or provide gameplay strategies. We may drop some hints from time to time, but we encourage you to try things out. We can also recommend reading Wilson’s field notes on our blog, and to check out the forums for suggestions by other players.

Fire Pit:

I feel unsafe leaving it alone and going out on long exploration in fear that the fire might die out and I might have to re-make a brand new fire pit.

Good :) haha seriously, the night time is meant to be scary and a little difficult. For those who want to brave it anyways, you might want to try building a more portable light source (it's hard to carry a camp fire on your back!). As for a timer, the size of the flames reflects how much time you have left on a camp fire.

Gold:

You can actually see your gold count at the top left hand side of the screen. I took a screen shot and highlighted it below. Hope that helps!

post-83-13764589180501_thumb.jpg

Hi Corey,You may want to take a look at how the game works in the browser window. If I just open the game, there is a significant portion of the game that I can't see. I have to put the browser into full-screen mode. But I can't do that from the game, so I have to change to another tab, press F11 then Ctr+PgDn back to Don't Starve.

• MOTD

No problem! That's not something we've seen in the office yet, so thanks for letting us know. You're not the first person to ask "How can I see my gold?!" I've been wondering why people haven't noticed the giant lump of gold on their screen... so this makes a lot more sense now hahaCould you take a screen shot of your game / desktop for me so we can see what it looks like? It would also help us fix this if you could let us know:- Your Web Browser & Version #- Monitor ResolutionThanks!