Problems with sweeping items in their details

Hi!

Not sure if this has been an idea yet, but is it possible to make it known why a certain thing doesn't get sweeped? Like something below water is either in too deep water or it's too cold for guys to go for it, similarly to how for example bottled dirty water has nowhere to be emptied until an emptier wth proper entitlements is built. Is it possible to include this in the items "status details" or something similar?

That would be lovely, at the moment water is the only restriction, other than them physically not being able to reach it. I think it is 10 tiles in water or maybe less, its a pain.

A smaller work around is manually selecting a dupe and moving them as close to the object in the water as you can, from here the dupe can then walk the extra distance for some reason

Yes, something similar to right now if you don't supply an algae deoxidizer it says on its tooltip that it needs algae to function, an underwater pile of rocks could say "too far to fetch".

Yes I noticed the workaround as well, although I usually use a convoluted set of ladders since they don't stray from vacuuming distance from a ladder, but they do make the effort of going down on a ladder and sucking up stuff even without having to explicitly move them.

Archived