Special Juice/Drink items

This idea was kind of inspired from Dead Rising 2, where you can combine certain food items in the game to create juices which provide passive buffs/bonuses. I was thinking you could either:

a) Create a blender, though I’m not too sure about the material cost. Maybe something like

2 cutstone, 1 planks, 1 gold

b) This would be an added feature of the alchemy machine(Further promoting the name of the device).

Function –

It would work basically the same as a crockpot. Throw in 4 different food items and see what you get, certain recipes could only be made with certain food items which need to include/exclude other ones, etc.

Some Drink idea Examples –

Mandrake Punch:

Requires: 1 mandrake, 1 dragonfruit

Excludes: Any meat

Bonuses:

-Cannot be attacked by Grue at night

-Can faintly see in pitch black darkness throughout the night

Drawbacks:

-Slowly take damage throughout the day for the duration of the effect

Beefalo Shake:

Requires: 1 beefalo hair, 1 grass

Excludes: Fruits

Bonuses:

-Can eat grass to fill hunger moderately for the duration of the effect

-Beefalos are not hostile towards you for duration of effect(Like the beefalo hat)

Drawbacks:

-Eating any normal food item only provides health refills, does not satisfy hunger at all for duration of effect

I can imagine this might bring in some balance issues, but with some adjustments I personally think something like this would be a pretty neat addition to have and introduce more uses for the current items available. Thoughts?

I got to say, when i clicked on this thread, i thought it was going to be about a thirst meter! XD... but anyhow, this is a great idea and i would love seeing this added. oh and my thoughts on the blender crafting materials. it should be 2 flint(the blades), 2 cut stone(for the top and bottom), and 2 gold( make it a shiny golden blender, OH YEAH! BLENDING WITH STYLE :cool-new:!).

Edited by pokebirds
(O)-(O) IM WATCHING YOU...

I haven't thought of this one anywhere in my black hole head but this is quite good for an idea :)

Special juices/shakes are kinda gamey and.. "special" haha. It is also different in every food substance in the game because it has effects to either benefit you or not. I'm not quite sure if it fits in the game though because it's a bit more science-y to every character and Wilson is the only "known science-person" (although actually he's not). But if by any chances, it'll be beneficial and challenge-y to have special juices in the game. "Let there be witchcraft!"

I got to say, when i clicked on this thread, i thought it was going to be about a thirst meter! XD... but anyhow, this is a great idea and i would love seeing this added.

oh and my thoughts on the blender crafting materials. it should be 2 flint(the blades), 2 cut stone(for the top and bottom), and 2 gold( make it a shiny golden blender, OH YEAH! BLENDING WITH STYLE :cool-new:!).

Well the water-thirst problem is solved on this thread, just read down to see the fix about the water. Ignore the other suggestions in the thread if you're not interested :)

Anyway, obviously this idea will be hunger based so it stays on the existing meter. I like your idea of the blender crafting materials. "Be proud to blend!" LOL

I haven't thought about it this way... giving you buffs! Although, it should not be as complicated as the crockpot.Perhaps only 2 slots to mix items in and if the combination does not match EXACTLY to a recipe, it will become wet goop. There should also not be multiple ways to make a single "drink", except for doing it vice-versa.

I haven't thought about it this way... giving you buffs! Although, it should not be as complicated as the crockpot.Perhaps only 2 slots to mix items in and if the combination does not match EXACTLY to a recipe, it will become wet goop. There should also not be multiple ways to make a single "drink", except for doing it vice-versa.

Yes, I kind of like that idea of only needing two ingredients more, however I don't think they shouldn't be too easy to make. Or, each type of drink would have a cooldown after drinking one, so you couldn't have a near-endless buff just by drinking from a large stack of them. Alternatively, just make them un-stackable.

This idea was kind of inspired from Dead Rising 2, where you can combine certain food items in the game to create juices which provide passive buffs/bonuses.

I remember when this from the original Dead Rising, and yes, the drinks you could create were VERY useful. :)

a) Create a blender, though I’m not too sure about the material cost. Maybe something like

2 cutstone, 1 planks, 1 gold

b) This would be an added feature of the alchemy machine(Further promoting the name of the device).

Function –

It would work basically the same as a crockpot. Throw in 4 different food items and see what you get, certain recipes could only be made with certain food items which need to include/exclude other ones, etc.

Actually, I would opt for "c" and use the crock pot. No matter how crazy that sounds, the crock pot to me has become the "magic food machine" for most food/drink suggestions. It creates new foods by combing other foods, so why add something new to the game when we already have an item that does this for us? Just a thought.

Mandrake Punch:

Requires: 1 mandrake, 1 dragonfruit

Excludes: Any meat

Bonuses:

-Cannot be attacked by Grue at night

-Can faintly see in pitch black darkness throughout the night

Drawbacks:

-Slowly take damage throughout the day for the duration of the effect

I'm not sure we should have anything in the game that lets us see in the dark.

Beefalo Shake:

Requires: 1 beefalo hair, 1 grass

Excludes: Fruits

Bonuses:

-Can eat grass to fill hunger moderately for the duration of the effect

-Beefalos are not hostile towards you for duration of effect(Like the beefalo hat)

Drawbacks:

-Eating any normal food item only provides health refills, does not satisfy hunger at all for duration of effect

That's interesting. We could also just have "fruit smoothie drinks" by mixing various fruits or V8-style drinks, like carrot juice, from mixing vegetables. However something would have to be a catalyst if, as I suggested, the crock pot were used. Maybe a liquid? There has been talk about adding beefalo milk and water to the game in other threads, so if either was a component then it would seperate it from existing food recipes.

Also, it's always been my preference that should a drinkable substance be created that grants amazing powers we shouldn't call it a "potion", but rather a "tonic". A marvelous tonic that does the impossible. ;)