Traveling to a new world

I started a new world with the last update. Everything showed up in my new game: walls, worm holes, etc. However, I have yet to find any of the pieces to build the machine that lets you travel to a new world, and I believe I have explored my entire map. Am I mistaken and this was not part of the new update? Or perhaps this was a bug and I should start a new world again? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated =)

It depends on the type of map generation you are using. Are your islands shaped like circles? If so, you're probably playing on legacy instead of the new map generator. I had the same problem last time I played: still had koalaphants, walls, wormholes, etc, but no Maxwell machine. Just start a new map with the other kind of world gen, and you should get the portal

It depends on the type of map generation you are using. Are your islands shaped like circles? If so, you're probably playing on legacy instead of the new map generator. I had the same problem last time I played: still had koalaphants, walls, wormholes, etc, but no Maxwell machine. Just start a new map with the other kind of world gen, and you should get the portal

Ah I was wondering if there would be a difference between the two. Thanks!