Like my distribution center?

the 1 sweeper has reach to 31 compactors, and 9 conveyor loaders heh.

The dups also have access to all 31 and 9 as well cause of sneaky ladder placement.

the 9 loaders run to 9 receptacles right in the highest traffic area in my base, so I can have things adjusted to always having mats fed there for them :)

distribution center.jpg

1 hour ago, ScottFree said:

What the practical use for that?

I don't know how useful it is to have a central "outlet".  But the idea is to have a primary resource dump where all of your resources get stored that's out of the way, away from your base.  Then, in the areas you are actually going to use the raw materials, put the relevant "receiver" destinations.  For example, store a full Conveyor Unloader of Raw Metals close to your Granulator(s)/Refinery(s).  This cuts down on Dupe time moving back and forth from the storage area to the work area.  Set up a Conveyor going the opposite direction to take the finished Refined Metals back to the storage depot.

In essence, you could completely separate your processing centers from the central storage dump, and even from each other.  Create a satellite base exclusively for raw food production.  Another near it for cooking that food.  Have that cooked food distributed to a series of other bases, one for your Power Production facility, another for your Oxygen supply, one for your Water storage and recycling plant....  etc. 

3 hours ago, travaldofan said:

not efficient, if ur dupe's strength is high dupe can carry a lot of material, those conveyor storage can fill to max 100 KG

Not sure efficiency can be judged outright without even knowing most of the situational information. Besides, MythN7 was just showing us a nifty conveyor setup, not exclaiming ultimate resource efficiency.

Archived