I have been told pufts can produce slime at 175 g/s and hatches produce coal at a 1:1 ratio of material they consume.

By this math one should make a self maintaining coal generator using 6 pufts and 1 hatch yet when I tested it I don't get enough coal to keep it running 

I even doubled the pufts to 12 and even that wasn't enough

I only have 1 hatch yet it has been able to eat all the slime from the pufts without it piling up

and for the record there are 40 morbs in the water

Can any one tell me why this isn't working?

20180302201405_1.thumb.jpg.213e4c1cffe3e818c0c9d4b177159021.jpg

12 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I have been told pufts can produce slime at 175 g/s and hatches produce coal at a 1:1 ratio of material they consume.

By this math one should make a self maintaining coal generator using 6 pufts and 1 hatch yet when I tested it I don't get enough coal to keep it running 

I even doubled the pufts to 12 and even that wasn't enough

I only have 1 hatch yet it has been able to eat all the slime from the pufts without it piling up

and for the record there are 40 morbs in the water

Can any one tell me why this isn't working?

20180302201405_1.thumb.jpg.213e4c1cffe3e818c0c9d4b177159021.jpg

i think u have to trap puft in doors so they work efficient otherwise they do 3 inhale float up to roof....

2 minutes ago, travaldofan said:

i think u have to trap puft in doors so they work efficient otherwise they do 3 inhale float up to roof....

I have tried this and if pufts can't move they don't make slime.  2 vertical tiles is the smallest space they need

21 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

I have tried this and if pufts can't move they don't make slime.  2 vertical tiles is the smallest space they need

trap them with pneumatic door, and try to maintain puft room +1.8kg polluted oxygen

11.67 morb = 1 Puft is the ratio 

so u need atleast 70 morb 

6 minutes ago, travaldofan said:

trap them with pneumatic door, and try to maintain puft room +1.8kg polluted oxygen

ah I got it, some reason it didn't work the first time, slime is being produced much faster now thanks ;)

Here's the new setup and it seems to be working.  I'll let it run for a few hundred cycles and see if it stops. 

Thanks again @travaldofan

20180302212441_1.thumb.jpg.ce6149dc16548aec3f8b35bb66148b34.jpg

Archived