Job related work priority increase

Not sure if it was suggested already, I couldn't find the topic.

Often when I'm playing situations happen where I have to dig a tunnel with a higher priority. And who goes to dig it? Farmer and gofer, while actual miner is running in a hamster wheel.

Why not augment the job system by making it so work orders have +1 priority for their respective jobs? For example slamming down priority 5 tunnel dig will appear as priority 6 for all miners, but every other job will still see it as 5 (so they will do it when they have nothing else to do), so while the miners deal with new tunnel gofers still haul junk out of new room (which also shows up as +1 priority only for them), engineer is the one running in the hamster wheel etc.

It's been suggested countless times. The problem is, it's been tried and it didn't work.

Don't be upset about your farmer and gofer digging and your miner farming, they still gain experience into their assigned mastery. 

I keep repeating this over and over again, but the problem are not duplicants that don't do their assigned job. The problem are duplicants running around the base doing nothing. And if they become picky about jobs they are willing to do, they'll spend most of their time doing exactly that - nothing.

4 hours ago, Kasuha said:

I keep repeating this over and over again, but the problem are not duplicants that don't do their assigned job. The problem are 

are tasks NOT being assigned assigned per duplicant job and job tasks per building, only simple prioritization of tasks, straightly connected to jobs(while job being a composite of several tasks), - its another complex thing that actually would do all the occupation upgrade... but well, who listens

Archived