DST Dedicated Server management tool

Hello there ^_^

Recently I've made a small tool to keep my DST Dedicated Server afloat - even with tons of mod potentially causing crashes.

Here's GitLab repo link: https://gitlab.com/hekkaryk/dst-hk-server-manager/wikis/home

Language: C#

Type: console application, fire-and-forget

Platforms: Windows only

Short how-to:

1. Download and install SteamCMD (preferably in C:\steamcmd\ if you don't want to manually tweak configuration later). If you'll skip this step program will not download DST:DS updates.
  2. Create a dedicated server within default DST clusters directory (%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether).
  3. Select a directory to use and unpack app there.
  4. Review configuration at the botton of guide - if it's different than yours, create settings.json file in previous folder and fill it with proper values.
  5. Launch app - console output will report status. Application window does not accept input; close it with CTRL+C, ALT+F4 or close button when you'll want it to stop working.

settings.json with default values:

{
    "mode": "safe",
    "pathSteamCMD": "C:\\steamcmd\\",
    "pathDST_DS": "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\\bin\\",
    "cluster": "Cluster_1",
    "fileNameMasterEXE": "master_worker.exe",
    "fileNameCavesEXE": "caves_worker.exe"
}

Setting mode to "unsafe" will allow to delete then update previously created master_worker.exe and caves_worker.exe - it might be required for DST:DS update (or not - idk). This two files are copies of dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer.exe made to allow app to distinguish between shard processes.

I'm going to attach an archive with zipped program - feel free to review code/complite it yourself if you prefer to stay on the safe side. Actually - I advise you to compile source from this commit: https://gitlab.com/hekkaryk/dst-hk-server-manager/commit/9167dc70df317b23a826ad149d49f1f46af13675 - this is the only way I could be sure that nobody replaced my executable with something nasty. You can do it using free version of Visual Studio 2017 - see Microsoft pages.

Release.zip