Save game problems

So, i was trying to create a challenge map today. Everything wen't fine until the game crashed. This happened during tile replacing (everything got replaced by wacuum). And the save file was corrupted. I tried again, this time i saved multiple times and after building a ship, and getting it done, the game crashed. The latest save  was corrupted, so i tried an older one, but it crashed too. I determined that all the save files crash the game. I tried once more, but the only save that wasn't corrupted was the first one. I didn't put this in bugs because i think its something i do. Also i can't upload the save file now because im not home. So i would appriciate help. I will upload some save file samples tommorow. (im in Finland so its late evening now) Thanks. 

Well, it's the first I've heard of this one -  it's more likely that debug mode is finicky while you're trying to build however it is you're building.

I would piece the base together in stable saves - export the pieces as templates, and then paste them into a final product. This will save your work, If some piece is giving you trouble, then you're more likely to get help since the yaml template data can be read easily.

I'm apt to think that maybe there are one too many things trying occupying a single map cell - as weirdness like that can and does occur in debug mode.

Use the destroy mode to clear spaces - this will definitely get rid of stuff. You'll have to search around the forums about debug how-to's.

24 minutes ago, ElkkuGamer360 said:

Well, i was trying to make a challenge map by deleting all tiles, then i built a base that looks like a ship. I was planning to fill most of the map with water. 

Ah, i thought you posted into wrong forum and was kidding DS/Shipwrecked in mind ^^

4 hours ago, ElkkuGamer360 said:

Well, i was trying to make a challenge map by deleting all tiles, then i built a base that looks like a ship. I was planning to fill most of the map with water. 

That is pretty cool idea for a theme.   I built a space ship,  but didn't think of a regular ol' water ship.   haha.   

Archived