Help With "worldgenoverride.lua"

If you are talking about your client hosted world, the worldgenoverride.lua goes into

<your user folder>/Documents/DontStarveTogether/saves/<your save file>/<overworld or cave>/worldgenoverride.lua

On a dedicated server it's usually

<save folder location>/.klei/<cluster folder>/<worldfolder>/worldgenoverride.lua

(might be different depending on your configuration)

Just to make sure it's the correct location, make sure it's the same folder as your server.ini files.

For the Seed to take effect make sure to regenerate the world. On a client that might be tricky since once you generate a world using the UI, a new worldgenoverride.lua get's generated as well. To avoid this it should work to just delete the world files manually, but leave the configuration files and start up your world.

Just now, Daniel86268 said:

If you are talking about your client hosted world, the worldgenoverride.lua goes into

<your user folder>/Documents/DontStarveTogether/saves/<your save file>/<overworld or cave>/worldgenoverride.lua

On a dedicated server it's usually

<save folder location>/.klei/<cluster folder>/<worldfolder>/worldgenoverride.lua

(might be different depending on your configuration)

Just to make sure it's the correct location, make sure it's the same folder as your server.ini files.

For the Seed to take effect make sure to regenerate the world. On a client that might be tricky since once you generate a world using the UI, a new worldgenoverride.lua get's generated as well. To avoid this it should work to just delete the world files manually, but leave the configuration files and start up your world.

what do you mean by the folder called saves though? all i see are:

here.PNG.d52c95c35a6a3d55ee421b08b0d25186.PNG

do you mean client_save? cause all i see are those as soon as i enter DoNotStarveTogether, the folder

3 minutes ago, TotalTrashDream said:

what do you mean by the folder called saves though? all i see are:

here.PNG.d52c95c35a6a3d55ee421b08b0d25186.PNG

do you mean client_save? cause all i see are those as soon as i enter DoNotStarveTogether, the folder

Sorry, I got it wrong on the top of my head. It's

<your user folder>/Documents/DontStarveTogether/<your save file>/<overworld or cave>/worldgenoverride.lua

where <your save file> is the specific cluster_x folder you are using for hosting your world. (As long as no mod changes/enables more/other named folders.)

Just now, Daniel86268 said:

Sorry, I got it wrong on the top of my head. It's

<your user folder>/Documents/DontStarveTogether/<your save file>/<overworld or cave>/worldgenoverride.lua

where <your save file> is the specific cluster_x folder you are using for hosting your world. (As long as no mod changes/enables more/other named folders.)

alright, i'll go test it out and inform you if it worked

thank you for the help!

Archived