It would really be nice to have a victory condition to the game, otherwise all games end up petering off when you run out of interesting things to do and I tend to find I enjoy a good victory screen once in awhile.

My thought on it is to not do anything to force the player towards the victory condition, but to have it as a challenge for the player to tackle when they are ready.  It could be something that starts off with a research item that allows you to build a way to escape, I am imagining it as being a Ludicrous (or Large) Ocular Organic Projector (LOOP) pretty much think of a StargateTM The player would require a large amount of harder to get resources (diamonds, titanium, ect) to build the device and an very large stable power supply (thinking like 20KW+ for sustained for 5~10min) to get it running.  You could make some other difficult requirements for it to run, like a supply of liquid hydrogen for cooling.  And then just for kick when you Dupes pass through it they just find them selves on a new asteroid (New game+) still spawn dupes at the normal rate just pulls from your pool of dupes before is starts giving you new ones.

Or you could have the objective be a space ship, again resource intensive to build need to be loaded with a certain supply of oxygen, water and food (Could scale up based on the number of Dupes you have) and then you could have a special refinery building that you need to find and supply with resources needed to make rocket fuel which would need to be pumped to the ship.  For contextual purposes you might need to make a top layer to the map with an empty vacuum that the ship needs to be exposed to before it can launch.

For those who are interested in being under pressure you could implement a "unstable asteroid" game mode which causes increasing natural disasters the longer the game goes on.

Have you read this.

On 8/31/2017 at 7:17 PM, Bigfoot said:

Lore Discovery
The reason why Duplicants are stuck on this Asteroid and the background of the world will slowly be revealed.

--

In the final phases of the game, we expect the tech tree to be much deeper than it is now, extending to what we would call “space tech”. During that phase, the Duplicants will discover why they are trapped on an asteroid, and what they can do about it.

During Early Access the game will evolve. As the team builds upon the game sometimes it may be too easy, sometimes it may be too difficult, and sometimes it could just be wrong. The process of Early Access helps us land exactly where we want the game to be, and we’re thankful for your feedback as a community helping us to achieve that. We truly think the game is better because of your involvement.

Archived