Split Screen on xbox - Instructions please

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to get a local co-op split screen running in Don't Starve Together for xbox.  If you google it, most people just give up, but a few claim it works, just with significant defects.  Can you please post specific instructions on how to load a co-op split screen game, on a single xbox one?  Even the little content I can find online shows totally different screens than I am being presented. 

There are clearly options for a local game, and panels to list available players.  But we have been unable to find the method of including the second player, or even letting them log in. 

Hoping this is a combination of operator error and lack of intuitive design, or maybe just the former.  But as a professional SW developer I would argue this sort of thing should be obvious. 

You need two Xbox live accounts (you can’t use a guest account), and the server host has to have gold. 

In the main menu (after logging in), look on the top right. It shows who is logged in. Press start, and log in the second account. At the moment, split screen is really laggy and has issues.

57 minutes ago, FatherPicard said:

Every time I try to start in split screen, the game crashes? I have two accounts, and one is with  x-box gold. There is no problem in one player mode?

The issue was reported, and @JanH said the update was submitted to Microsoft yesterday.

Archived