Duplicant relationships

I was thinking that, what if, duplicants could develop feelings for other duplicants.  Lets say you have 2 researchers, 2 farmers, etc. and they do that job all the time and almost nothing else, well after awhile they will begin to like each other and help each other with said tasks to make things go faster than with them performing the same job but on separate area's and when 1 of them is stressed out or getting hungry, the other could come along and try to help them.  The upside to this is that it would help a little with managing stress and slightly speed up production, the downside to this is if 1 of them were to die, the amount of stress would greatly increase on the other as the one they cared about is gone.

What do you guys think, should duplicants be allowed to develop relationships in the game?

Klei has said that dupes will become more involved with one another at some point.  Odds are we'll get an expansion on the recreations we can do to be more than just a massage table, and several of those will be multi-dupe interactions, such as a game table where they can play board games, perhaps an arcade machine, ect.

I sort of can't wait for an expansion to recreation and decor, the be all end all solution to decor shouldn't be "spam paintings/statues", and I wouldn't be surprised if they make multiple cases of the same type of decor have diminishing returns once we have more options along that line.

Archived