Grown up plants still need fertilizer ?

Actually plater boxes and farm tiles need a resource to grow a plant. That's how it should work. But after the plant has grown up, the consummation of fertilizer does not stop as I expected it. There is no reason why a plant needs any resources, except maybe water, if it's ready for harvesting. I like to have some grown up plants as backup with auto-harvesting turned off. 

Maybe if the job system would work, it wouldn't be that problem, but for now at least 2 of my dupes run around the whole day long only to hug and fondle all my flowers. Even though it sounds very well for that dupes, their stress isn't reduced doing so  :p

Why keep backup grown plants?  Just store the plant material in a CO2 room and be fine with the knowledge that it will take a long damned time to rot because Sterile Atmosphere is OP as balls in the current implementation.   Like I could understand if it took Chlorine to do so at least, that at least takes some effort (Not being as heavy as CO2, it will get displaced if dupes are in the area frequently, and you have to actively move it to the location, or otherwise build around it), but CO2 sterile atmosphere is just too easily accessible for how powerful it is (Oh you dug a 3 deep pit?  Enjoy free food preservation for life).

Archived