Happiness/Stress reduction bonus from doing errands you are interested in

I don't know if this has been implemented or not, but it makes sense that duplicants should be made happier by doing tasks they are interested in. This would help to mitigate the effect of increased expectations with higher job levels, especially in the early base, where you can get stress levels accumulating very quickly if you assign jobs before you've had a chance to place decor items. I will also echo what others have said, that duplicants should prioritize errands in their job or failing that, errands that interest them, over others outside their jobs/interest.

I don't think it's a good idea to introduce mechanic that would penalize duplicants doing tasks out of their job at the moment (and yes, lack of reward counts as penalty).

The issue is, a duplicant that is picky about tasks he's willing to do spends on average more time moving around the base than a duplicant that will do any task, because average distance between tasks is greater if the set of tasks is smaller. Any time a duplicant spends moving from point A to point B is time the duplicant does not spend working.

We first need a system that will allow duplicants to be efficient while sticking to their job's tasks before we can introduce a system that will reward us for that.

Archived