Some suggestions

1.Learning should not effect on the speed of skill leveling up. It should only effect on research speed or at most it could effect on the speed of master a job.
2.And I thought we need a goal. Something like dig to the surface then launch a rocket or what. Usually I find that I'm just feel pressure at beginning of the game. Then I found that I still could survive a very long time if I dont pursue higher technology. No boss battle no pressure no goal. Just watching everyone run around.

1.  I feel learning should improve job mastery.  Being a good scientist doesn't make you stronger faster through running.

2.  This game is still in development and will probably have later game objectives in the future.

You could try an accept everyone base (on miserable and fatalistic).  You take every dupe and lose when a dupe dies of a non-stupid cause (a stupid cause being suffocating with easy access to oxygen or starving when surrounded with food).  No matter what, you will eventually lose the ability to support more dupes and someone will die.  It provides a near constant challenge keeping them all alive, even in to the late game.  And there is certainly an end.

11 hours ago, RFUSTION said:

2.And I thought we need a goal. Something like dig to the surface then launch a rocket or what. Usually I find that I'm just feel pressure at beginning of the game. Then I found that I still could survive a very long time if I dont pursue higher technology. No boss battle no pressure no goal. Just watching everyone run around.

I have a feeling that we're going to get one eventually. Something that will need a hell lot of power, like 20 kW or even more. Something that will justify existence of petroleum and steam generators.

Archived