Disinfecting and the "Tidy" Occupation

Having disinfect bundled in with sweep and mop is making midgame very difficult to manage, at least for me.  Before, it was very easy to designate 1 duplicant to run around and disinfect any exterior walls or equipment close to slime deposits or otherwise.  With that rolled into the Tidy occupation, however, it seems Groundskeepers are only interested in disinfecting.  Soon, equipment is not being maintained, overloaded wires are not being repaired.  As a quick fix, I try to make everyone able to do Tidy responsibilities and watch as every duplicants runs around only disinfecting and neglecting all other duties.  My suggestion would be to roll disinfecting into caregiving or another occupation that may have more downtime.  As for now, I'm finding this almost unplayable.

Here is a hint, don't use 1 thick walls near slime, double layer.  This entirely negates the issue because the slimelung will never penetrate 2 walls thick due to how germ spread works (it can only spread from a tile with ~1M germs, and only Slime can reach those values, and it takes fairly high mass to even hit that bottom limit.)

Or you can pretty much ignore slime lung, it's pretty harmless in the current patch.  Sure, its bad if your dupes CATCH it, but.... dupe immunity is pretty high atm, unless you let your dupes get afflicted with the Dead Tired debuff, which would be your fault for taking Loud Sleepers or Flatulents or letting dupes get Hypothermia and not sleeping on a medical cot.

So long as you follow those practices, and make sure you are purging most of the Slime Lung from the air, your dupes are fine even in 10k germ tiles of air most of the time, so long as it isn't a constant exposure.   But the center of your base should be 100% safe from that anyway unless you store slime inside your base, which is a mistake (Store it in a compactor on the edge of the base, near the slime Distiler/Hatch farm you're going to use to destroy it, and then keep it dunked in water.  The slime can't subliminate while in water, which renders the spreading of PO2 that way neuturalized, and that negates the germ spread risk.  The Algae doesn't matter that much, because it will naturally die off either there or the oxygen it produces in the Algae Deoxidizer will kill it off anyway.).

Archived