Multiple languages / Multiple .po files loaded?

Gathouria

So I'm working out the kinks in my mod, and am trying to encode language options. I am just barely getting a grasp on how they work. However, I'm finding that I can't use a .po file to store language information for other languages if a mod pack is present and has one in use. But I'm also finding that I can't encode most accented and non-Latin characters without a .po.

So, say, someone wants to run my mod in Spanish. Cool. I can give them something like "español", where a non-English accent is used. However, if they also have a Spanish mod pack installed (likely scenario), that pack will use its .po instead and I won't be able to use my tiny .po with my mod's added lines in it. Is there a way to edit the .po in use to include my lines? And can I do this without being specific to a particular pack (aka can the player use any of the available Spanish packs and not have to use one in particular)?

For reference if necessary, my mod is Fire Time. I excluded the Russian and Chinese texts from .pos because I found that language packs can handle their characters if they're installed, but Latin font accents don't seem to be processed by Romance language packs for some reason.

Archived